Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, cause I'd trust the word of 10 criminals over 1 police officer. NOT
Yeah. Why would an officer lie? Of course, what if the witnesses supporting the officer's story, what if some of them have criminal records? Do we disregard their testimony?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As long as "presumption of innocense" isn't synonymous with "some witnesses agree with Wilson so charges can't be brought", then I think we are in agreement. I think we can agree that there are an awful lot of people ready to "let him walk" and "hang him high" without hearing all the evidence. You and I probably aren't 100% innocent in that respect either.
It is up to a Grand Jury to determine whether enough evidence exists to indict Wilson, and it is up to the District Attorney to decide whether or not to press charges based upon the evidence available and the likelihood of a conviction. It is not the responsibility of the Grand Jury or the DA to indict or press charges simply to be politically correct and placate a bunch of protesters who have already made their minds up as to Wilsons guilt.

bbsam

Staff member
It is up to a Grand Jury to determine whether enough evidence exists to indict Wilson, and it is up to the District Attorney to decide whether or not to press charges based upon the evidence available and the likelihood of a conviction. It is not the responsibility of the Grand Jury or the DA to indict or press charges simply to be politically correct and placate a bunch of protesters who have already made their minds up as to Wilsons guilt.
That's one way of delegitimizing a trial in one's own mind. Have you determined that if charges are brought and trial had it could only be for those reasons? Look, it's an imperfect system with a lot of warts and with a lot of "coulda, woulda, shoulda". It could be argued that many cases don't get brought not for lack of evidence but for political and career related concerns. The only thing wrong with the American judicial system is there are people involved. It's imperfect. OJ was probably guilty. Michal Jackson was probably guilty. The officers who beat Rodney King were probably guilty. The Supreme Court probably ruled on Bush v Gore based on political bias.

It would be nice to think the system pure and infallible. It would be nicer if that were indeed the case.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's up to the grand jury, based on the case the prosecutor makes. Do you really think Bob McCulloch should be presenting the case to them considering his background?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OJ was probably guilty. Michal Jackson was probably guilty. The officers who beat Rodney King were probably guilty.

PROBABLY?! What more evidemce would you have wanted in the OJ case? A bloody glove, oh had that. Trail of blood all inside his car....had that too.

Michael Jackson wouldn't have paid off several families if he was innocent. The cops who beat Rodney King were white, so they did nothing wrong. (Sarcasm everyone.....calm down)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The cops who beat Rodney King were white, so they did nothing wrong. (Sarcasm everyone.....calm down)

As a matter of departmental policy, I am not in favor of police brutality.

As a matter of Karma, however...Rodney King deserved to get the living s//t beat out of him that night. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sharpton is heading back to Ferguson. He must feel a need to stir up things again. Instead of telling people to calm down and let the grand jury do its job. And get attention for himself more than anything else.

bbsam

Staff member
As a matter of departmental policy, I am not in favor of police brutality.

As a matter of Karma, however...Rodney King deserved to get the living s//t beat out of him that night. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If he deserved it, then the police should have said, "Yeah, we beat the crap out of him and here's why." Instead the did a detailed analysis of why the beat down wasn't a beat down.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sharpton is heading back to Ferguson. He must feel a need to stir up things again. Instead of telling people to calm down and let the grand jury do its job. And get attention for himself more than anything else.

I wish a cop would "accidentally" put a bullet right through his skull, that guy is such a useless piece of garbage.