Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If he deserved it, then the police should have said, "Yeah, we beat the crap out of him and here's why." Instead the did a detailed analysis of why the beat down wasn't a beat down.
In a perfect world, that is how it would have been dealt with, but thats not how our legal system works. I do NOT condone the excessive force used by the LAPD but at the same time I have zero sympathy for King. Its called Karma and when you are a violent criminal who endangers the lives of others by drunkenly eluding police at high speed you deserve harsh consequences.

bbsam

Staff member
In a perfect world, that is how it would have been dealt with, but thats not how our legal system works. I do NOT condone the excessive force used by the LAPD but at the same time I have zero sympathy for King. Its called Karma and when you are a violent criminal who endangers the lives of others by drunkenly eluding police at high speed you deserve harsh consequences.
The states would be broke in six months if they adopted your philosophy.

As to your point about in a perfect world, yes I agree and said so in respose to how and when a prosecutor brings charges. We seem to agree more than we thought.

wkmac

This is from back in May but "IF TRUE" this is an example of if a father came upon this, found his daughter being assaulted and he shot and killed the cop, it would be completely justified in my eyes and I'd vote not guilty for the father. If the other cops responded to try and stop the father and the father dispatched them, again, totally justified and I'd defend the father as innocent.

If cops who are given in their capacity to uphold the law become the law breakers, take em'down and take em' down hard. And if that includes wormfood, I'm good!

Hero status is something you earn way above and beyond a paycheck and it doesn't come by virtue that you just happen to put on a costume and badge.

brett636

This has to be the most comprehensive breakdown of the situation that began this entire mess. I can't disagree with any of the conclusions this man came too, and am appalled that so many people bought into the initial narrative perpetuated by the media and a couple of miscreants who were given way too much credibility. The fact that several witnesses have come forth to corroborate Officer Wilson's account and have to remain anonymous out of fear of reprisal from the Ferguson community is disgusting and wrong on many levels. If the truth doesn't matter to these people then why even listen to them in the first place? "Hands up, don't shoot"...what a freaking joke...

bbsam

Staff member
Had already radioed for help...nearly passed out...decided to pursue on foot. I don't see how this testimony helps Wilson.

brett636

Had already radioed for help...nearly passed out...decided to pursue on foot. I don't see how this testimony helps Wilson.

Grabbed for this gun, was shot while struggling for weapon, attacked police officer..decided to charge officer with weapon drawn. I don't see how the officer was in the wrong.

bbsam

Staff member
Grabbed for this gun, was shot while struggling for weapon, attacked police officer..decided to charge officer with weapon drawn. I don't see how the officer was in the wrong.
Easy. The threat was moving away, backup was coming, he was in no condition to pursue.

brett636

Easy. The threat was moving away, backup was coming, he was in no condition to pursue.

Are you really going to toss me such a softball response? Do you really believe this or are you just trolling for a response like I think?

First off these aren't the facts in dispute, the facts in dispute are was Michael Brown in the act of surrendering with his hands in the air when Officer Darren Wilson shot him? The supporting evidence of what actually occurred along with honest eye witness testimony tells us this is a resounding no.

Secondly, your assumption that Officer Darren Wilson should not pursue is ludicrous on several levels. First off it flies in the face of what law enforcement is all about. Darren Wilson's job was to put himself in harms way to keep society safe, and he did just that by pursuing an obviously dangerous individual like Michael Brown. Officer Wilson was, like all officers, equipped and trained to deploy the use of lethal force should himself or another person find themselves in harms way. After struggling with a nearly 300 lb. assailant for his own gun Officer Wilson had every right to believe Michael Brown was not an individual that should be allowed to retreat back into society and pursued him as he had a duty to do. When Michael Brown continued to show aggressive behavior and having already wounded the officer he had no choice but use lethal force to stop him. Had this not been a police officer, but a private citizen you may have something there, but I doubt it. If every police officer retreated in the face of aggression or resistance law enforcement as a whole would be nothing more than a joke. Some people, like Michael Brown, don't understand anything else except the use of equal or greater force against their efforts to disrupt and destroy society.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you really going to toss me such a softball response? Do you really believe this or are you just trolling for a response like I think?

First off these aren't the facts in dispute, the facts in dispute are was Michael Brown in the act of surrendering with his hands in the air when Officer Darren Wilson shot him? The supporting evidence of what actually occurred along with honest eye witness testimony tells us this is a resounding no.

Secondly, your assumption that Officer Darren Wilson should not pursue is ludicrous on several levels. First off it flies in the face of what law enforcement is all about. Darren Wilson's job was to put himself in harms way to keep society safe, and he did just that by pursuing an obviously dangerous individual like Michael Brown. Officer Wilson was, like all officers, equipped and trained to deploy the use of lethal force should himself or another person find themselves in harms way. After struggling with a nearly 300 lb. assailant for his own gun Officer Wilson had every right to believe Michael Brown was not an individual that should be allowed to retreat back into society and pursued him as he had a duty to do. When Michael Brown continued to show aggressive behavior and having already wounded the officer he had no choice but use lethal force to stop him. Had this not been a police officer, but a private citizen you may have something there, but I doubt it. If every police officer retreated in the face of aggression or resistance law enforcement as a whole would be nothing more than a joke. Some people, like Michael Brown, don't understand anything else except the use of equal or greater force against their efforts to disrupt and destroy society.
The "evidence", or at least the portions your link claim to know from secret grand jury proceedings support the possible conclusion that I have put forth. By his own admission, Wilson sustained substantial injury to his face and head. By his own testimony, Wilson had radioed for backup. By his own testimony, Wilson nearly blacked out and yet by his own testimony Wilson chose in his state to continue pursuit. Brown had not disarmed Wilson, was not suddenly posing a deadly threat to the community. Breaking off pursuit for the safety of the officer, suspect, and the community is not unheard of. In fact it is often insisted upon. Brown posed far less threat after that initial confrontation than a high speed chase on a highway.

Now was Wilson just acting on impulse full of adrenaline? Or was he enraged at the audacity of Brown? Does that really matter?

Hell, Brown has been called a "thug" an "animal". "He had it coming," people here are likely to say. Now of people here on BC are of that opinion, how much more likely is it that Wilson, having just taken a beating, also had that view? Wilson wasn't acting to protect and serve. He was getting payback.

Am I sure of that? Of course not. But the "evidence" thus far is far from definitive as you would like to portray. So much for your softball theory.

wayfair

swollen member
The "evidence", or at least the portions your link claim to know from secret grand jury proceedings support the possible conclusion that I have put forth. By his own admission, Wilson sustained substantial injury to his face and head. By his own testimony, Wilson had radioed for backup. By his own testimony, Wilson nearly blacked out and yet by his own testimony Wilson chose in his state to continue pursuit. Brown had not disarmed Wilson, was not suddenly posing a deadly threat to the community. Breaking off pursuit for the safety of the officer, suspect, and the community is not unheard of. In fact it is often insisted upon. Brown posed far less threat after that initial confrontation than a high speed chase on a highway.

Now was Wilson just acting on impulse full of adrenaline? Or was he enraged at the audacity of Brown? Does that really matter?

Hell, Brown has been called a "thug" an "animal". "He had it coming," people here are likely to say. Now of people here on BC are of that opinion, how much more likely is it that Wilson, having just taken a beating, also had that view? Wilson wasn't acting to protect and serve. He was getting payback.

Am I sure of that? Of course not. But the "evidence" thus far is far from definitive as you would like to portray. So much for your softball theory.

you got your criminal law degree from where again???

bbsam

Staff member
Off thread topic.
Derail?
Maybe because the TROLL PATROL (bbsam included) just lost their whole argument and case.
Too bad noNE of them will ever, under any circumstances, admit to it.
Lost the argument? Because a guy with a British accent posted a YouTube video? You have weird ideas of logical conclusions.