Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

brett636

Your problem is that you continue to be certain there won't be a procecution based on very limited "evidence". We don't have all the facts. The ones we do have could point either way. I don't care if there's a prosecution or not as long as the complete process with a fair grand jury is completed. I've been very consistent with this stance.

I withheld my opinion on this case because we did have limited evidence to know what actually happened. When the media narrative was only "White officer shot black teen who had hands up" I wanted to see if there was more to this story. Now more evidence has emerged making it much less "limited", and then the complete picture is clear. I look forward to the grand jury's decision, but I am confident the outcome will be no charges filed.

bbsam

Staff member
I withheld my opinion on this case because we did have limited evidence to know what actually happened. When the media narrative was only "White officer shot black teen who had hands up" I wanted to see if there was more to this story. Now more evidence has emerged making it much less "limited", and then the complete picture is clear. I look forward to the grand jury's decision, but I am confident the outcome will be no charges filed.
Very possible. But you posted a gentleman who "convinced" you with fairly limited "evidence". I doubt it took very much but I don't think you've bothered to look at that YouTube video critically either. There was no skepticism because he said what you wanted to hear.

brett636

Very possible. But you posted a gentleman who "convinced" you with fairly limited "evidence". I doubt it took very much but I don't think you've bothered to look at that YouTube video critically either. There was no skepticism because he said what you wanted to hear.

Actually, I posted that video for your benefit, not mine. What was said in the video was only in addition to the other information I had read from other sources confirming my suspicions. Its become pretty common knowledge that the outrage originally displayed in this case was baseless from the beginning, and that is what really gets my goat. Stupid people protesting a situation when they don't have all the facts is becoming a real problem in this society, and it doesn't help that the President and his administration is doing everything they can to fan the flames.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Stupid people protesting a situation when they don't have all the facts is becoming a real problem in this society, and it doesn't help that the President and his administration is doing everything they can to fan the flames.
A lot of people were protesting BECAUSE they don't have all the facts. The police basically tell people "trust us". I'm skeptical of any "justice" that needs to be done in secret. Especially when bits of information that all happen to support the police side somehow keep getting released from a "secret" grand jury.

There were probably far more opportunistic rioters than there were protesters, but that doesn't mean the real protesters don't have a valid point.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most people were not protesting because they didn't have the facts. They had already convinced themselves of Wilson's guilt before knowing the facts. The protests were for Wilson to be charged, not to wait for the facts. That doesn't even take into account all of the violence and property damage done by the protesters which only hurt innocent third parties.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And I'm sure you're one of those who thought Zimmerman was justified before the "facts" came out.

And, as usual, you're wrong. Why do you trolls on here put quotes around things that should not be quoted. The FACTS came out at trial, not the "facts". Just because you guys disagree with the facts, doesn't make them any less factual. Thanks, though

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He wasn't acquitted because of facts, rather a lack of them. These cases are quite different.

Yes, he was acquitted becausebof facts. The facts that were presented did not make a strong enough case for his conviction.

Tue key difference in the cases is brown was shot by a cop, I trust the police, thanks whiteness!!

bbsam

Staff member
The life you say he deserves. That loser kid was attacking him, and Zimmerman had the better defense system. Suck it, Treyvonnnnn
Whatever. The NRA is free to hire him as their hero poster child for an armed America. Notice the fact that they haven't?

bbsam

Staff member
That in some way is supposed to speak to his guilt or innocence?
No. He was found "not guilty" by the justice system. But where are his cheerleaders now? He's pretty much left to "karma" now. Will be interested to see where he ends up 10 years from now.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No. He was found "not guilty" by the justice system. But where are his cheerleaders now? He's pretty much left to "karma" now. Will be interested to see where he ends up 10 years from now.
Why should we cheerleaders or use him as our poster boy?
Justice was served. Now we move on.
We want justice in Ferguson. No lynch mobs, but a careful review of the facts, and interviews of all the witnesses.
If those things happen, justice will be served in Ferguson too.

MAKAVELI

The justice system in Florida is stuck in the 1950's. Just about anywhere else he would've been found guilty. Sooner or later karma will catch up to him. I'm guessing he will eventually run into someone who is armed and " fears for their life".