Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
People who have no clue about how Tasers or pepper spray actually work in the real world should refrain from Monday-morning quarterbacking in regards to whether or not an officer should have used these items in a given situation.

island1fox

Island,

No one looks at rural white poverty in Appalachia and says to ALL whites, look, this is your problem, why don't you fix it?

No one looks at the white 'meth' problem and says to ALL whites, look, this is your problem, why don't you fix it?

In the same vein, why is there a narrative where ALL blacks are responsible for the sins of the few?

As if black-on-black crime is a problem that's restricted to only black people. In this narrative, you make black people the 'other'.

I like your statistics but I think you need to dig a little deeper.

At the end of the day, this isn't a 'black' problem, it's an American problem.

Brown Army,

We can discuss all types of problems in America with all the different races -no problem.

Last time I turned my Boob tube on --I again see Stores being looted and burnt to the ground --not by meth heads (maybe a few) or poor inbred Appalachia people.

The crime numbers are staggering and shocking to most people that do dig a little deeper.

If you take the 13% of the Black population in America --take out the good hard working Fathers and Mothers and remove the very young and the very old ----these extremely high crime numbers across all of America fall into a very small Percent --possible 3% of the Black Population.

My point is twofold ---The majority of Blacks are suffering because of the huge crime numbers by a very few.
If the rich --such as Jay z and other Black rappers did not push and sell thug rap music --celebrating and glorifying the "gangsta life" and we did not have eight of ten Black children born to single mothers --giving them a very slim chance of succeeding --a major problem across all of America --could be dealt with--- by concentrating all of our efforts on a very few --start at the root cause ---My Brothers keeper !

The problem with discussing this serious problem rationally--is the consistent White vs Black scenario.

If we had a Martian population of 13% to total population -with only 3% of that number--causing 75% of the crimes --together we would find and implement solutions.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Have you ever handled a Taser, worn one on your belt, or attempted to draw one from a holster while seated in a car?

Have you ever attempted to hit a moving target with one?

Have you ever used pepper spray while seated in a vehicle and had it get into your own eyes?

Are you aware that tasers and pepper spray are only about 50%~60% effective? Are you aware that most departments actually prohibit their use unless the officer has backup on the scene in case they dont work?

Didnt think so.

This explanation is about as lame as anything I have ever heard. EVERY department uses tasers effectively everyday.

Otherwise, there would be dozens of shootings of unarmed people, like in the "old" days. Tactics have changed over the last 20 years, and the use of non lethal force devices has been a success.

For ammosexuals like yourself, the thought of shooting somebody to death just sounds justifyable in your "scary" world.

Honestly, Darren Wilson was the classic "wimp" in light of his position. He was a small dude with an even smaller sack.

He panicked with Michael Brown and made a bad decision. It wasnt an illegal decision, just a bad one.

I am not clearly Michael Brown of anything either. His part is clear, but this officer needed to leave the department with his tail between his legs and the luck that he didnt get charged with a crime.

He wasnt qualified to be a police officer given the way he handled Michael Brown.

For you to assume that any non lethal device would most likely NOT work is laughable at best.

TOS.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Brown Army,

We can discuss all types of problems in America with all the different races -no problem.

Last time I turned my Boob tube on --I again see Stores being looted and burnt to the ground --not by meth heads (maybe a few) or poor inbred Appalachia people.

The crime numbers are staggering and shocking to most people that do dig a little deeper.

If you take the 13% of the Black population in America --take out the good hard working Fathers and Mothers and remove the very young and the very old ----these extremely high crime numbers across all of America fall into a very small Percent --possible 3% of the Black Population.

My point is twofold ---The majority of Blacks are suffering because of the huge crime numbers by a very few.
If the rich --such as Jay z and other Black rappers did not push and sell thug rap music --celebrating and glorifying the "gangsta life" and we did not have eight of ten Black children born to single mothers --giving them a very slim chance of succeeding --a major problem across all of America --could be dealt with--- by concentrating all of our efforts on a very few --start at the root cause ---My Brothers keeper !

The problem with discussing this serious problem rationally--is the consistent White vs Black scenario.

If we had a Martian population of 13% to total population -with only 3% of that number--causing 75% of the crimes --together we would find and implement solutions.
The third point you are missing is how corporate America( which a very large majority are white) profit immensely from this " gangsta life ". And as long as corporate America makes a profit they will perpetuate the problem. White kids in the suburbs trying to emulate the real "gangstas." It's now mainstream to act and look like a thug. So it's much deeper than a black America problem. Like Obama has said, it's an American problem.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Brown Army,

You real problem is still that you are a racist and you just cant help but avoid blaming the black community for every ill of this country. No matter what the subject, you continually pull out the single black mother argument as the cause.

Does your racism really live in that realm? Or are you just constantly reminded of this while listening to Rush Limbaugh daily that you just cant help but repeat it?

In Ferguson, there were protesters of ALL colors. In los angeles, there were protesters of ALL colors marching on our streets. NOT once did anybody bring up single black mothers or rap music.

Just you.

Give up this racist rantings. Deal with the facts. This was a bad shooting. It wasnt criminal, but it wasnt proper or justified. The officer made a bad decision on top of Michael Browns bad decisions.

This had a recipe for disaster and it was fate that brought them together on that day. NEITHER one belonged in the world that they knew on that day. Unfortunately for Michael Brown, his life ended, and for Darren Wilson his career ended as it should have.

Try keeping the subject to the objective data rather than your racist rants that you have repeated at least a hundred times on this message board.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The third point you are missing is how corporate America( which a very large majority are white) profit immensely from this " gangsta life ". And as long as corporate America makes a profit they will perpetuate the problem. White kids in the suburbs trying to emulate the real "gangstas." It's now mainstream to act and look like a thug. So it's much deeper than a black America problem. Like Obama has said, it's an American problem.
It's a parental problem!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Had TOS read Officer Wilson's grand jury testimony, he would have seen those issues addressed and also why Wilson in his own words was unable to use the other options he did have available to him. Even why Wilson didn't have a taser and it was nothing to do with dept. policy or lack of access.

I've said before, everyone should read Wilson and Dorian Johnson's testimony. Both are good reads and well worth the time.

Nice of you to assume incorrectly. I did read his testimony, how else did I know that he didnt have a taser or pepper spray or rubber bullets or a sand bag shotgun?

I did read his words. I did evaluate what he said.

And what he said was that he "Wasnt prepared".

Like a frightened child, as Sober is, he used his gun to solve his problem at the moment. It was a bad decision.

If he wasnt such a wimp, he could have handled Michael Brown with his hands and training. Instead, he panicked and simply shot him to death.

He did the right thing in RESIGNING.

He will NEVER be a part of law enforcement ANYWHERE in this country, and thats a GOOD thing.

Hopefully he dissapears into obscurity.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Great point as usual.

Thanks for the insight.

TOS.

(p.s. I can no longer rate as the host felt it neccessary to take away that priviledge)

moreluck

golden ticket member
When is the last time you walked down the halls of your local high school? What you hear would shock you.
GTA wasn't around back in the caveman time. Kids also pledged allegiance daily whether they wanted to or not. Boys had belts to old up their pants. Talking back got you a smack across the mouth or soap in it. Ahhh, the good old days.

Then political correctness ruined all of it. Take away the computers and electronics except for special rewards for good behavior.
I think Madeline Murray O'hare started the ball rolling and we've gone downhill ever since.