No more 22.4s!

So you'll either keep your current rate, or go up to the 3-year rate if it's higher, then top out next June.
We won't know the 3 year rate til The new contract is intact correct? Or am I still going off the current contract 3 year rate?

Attachments

• IMG_7640.jpeg
    IMG_7640.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 30

Upass.

Well of course there will be a small number of cover RPCD that get the work when needed. The rest will get 0 hours until the realize it and quit months later. That's just how it works. Seniority rules. They aren't going to let you preload anymore for like $28 an hour as RPCD. They will just hire loaders or wait until you quit to rehire you for the part time hours. That's going to be the new reality. Basically like it used to be before 22.4. That's why corporate is agreeing to that.
It really depends on building , like my where I am right now , they use 22.4 like crazy and always they have work for them , it really depends

Osubrownguy

Nice.. but I do agree that most will still struggle to get hours… ups made to many people drivers during the covid volume numbers and there simply is not enough work . Layoffs will continue to happen but honestly they can’t be to mad. Most 22.4 in my building didn’t even put a year in the warehouse before getting a driver position.

Nice.. but I do agree that most will still struggle to get hours… ups made to many people drivers during the covid volume numbers and there simply is not enough work . Layoffs will continue to happen but honestly they can’t be to mad. Most 22.4 in my building didn’t even put a year in the warehouse before getting a driver position.
That just mean everyone gets off early with guaranteed 8 hours. RPCD don't have the option like 22.4s did that's why it was hard to file for guaranteed 8s because of combo position. RPCD on the other hand can easily grieve for 8

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Curious. Why the heck did UPS and Union create 22.4 in the first place? Now, you have to undo it and claim "progress". It is such a waste of energy.
Wasnt a waste on the investment of ups I believe it was a loop hole to pay drivers less instead of paying 30 bones plus an hour. TCD were almost non existent in my center once 22.4 popped up. They didn’t have bids to be a TCD and they sure as hell never had someone work inside for 3-4hrs and then go out and do a route. Yet we voted no on the 22.4 language and it still got pushed? That was under a different regime so hopefully obrien wont budge.