Rally To Protest No A/C In UPS Trucks

UPSER1987

Get in your car, crank A/C, and proceed to open and close the door once a minute. The interior of the car will remain a lot cooler than the outside air. Just because UPS says different, doesn't mean people should be parrots. Do you think you're evacuating a massive volume of air in your package car by opening a door every two minutes? A/Cs would remain largely effective in package cars, even with engine stops. This company has many people brainwashed against their best interests. The reality is people are petrified that any money spent by the company will affect their wages and pensions. They've got some of you dancing on a tightrope. That said, better ventilation in the rear would go a long way.
So soft….lol

Brownsocks

Just a dog
If you can't handle the heat, get out of the package car.

Crybabies want A/C and their employer to provide bottled water. Drivers these days are getting soft. Move on and let real men & women do the job.
I handle the heat everyday in blown out package cars and I have never had to come off road because of dehydration or heatstroke.. That being said, not everyone is built the same way and I have seen many of my experienced coworkers go home or to the hospital lately.
This isn't a "real men and women" thing, it's a common sense thing, and the fact is routes are heavier, cuts are more prolific and loaders are greener than I have ever seen.
The bottom line is the back needs ventilation, and UPS could pay for it all with the money they lose on Mondays alone.
As far as hydration goes I have froze Gatorade and water every summer night since I started working at UPS.
I don't trust a company that let's it's employees collapse on a regular basis to provide me anything

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I handle the heat everyday in blown out package cars and I have never had to come off road because of dehydration or heatstroke.. That being said, not everyone is built the same way and I have seen many of my experienced coworkers go home or to the hospital lately.
This isn't a "real men and women" thing, it's a common sense thing, and the fact is routes are heavier, cuts are more prolific and loaders are greener than I have ever seen.
The bottom line is the back needs ventilation, and UPS could pay for it all with the money they lose on Mondays alone.
As far as hydration goes I have froze Gatorade and water every summer night since I started working at UPS.
I don't trust a company that let's it's employees collapse on a regular basis to provide me anything
I'd be interested to know if the ones not handling the heat. Got the shot?

rod

Retired 22 years

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
How's these rallies coming? Have there been any of them? Has anyone showed up? My guess would be very few people would take the time to do something work related off the clock-- especially if it was a weekend.
Isn’t their usually some cases of cheap skunk beer provided to get those people out there???

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
How about not installing a/c in package cars up north where they don't need it. Install heated mirrors up there. I'm in the deep South and drive 2-10 miles between stops so it would help. You can always choose to turn it off if you want to.
To those that say the company will expect better production with a/c, Stop worrying about their made up numbers. The worst thing a driver can do is buy into their garbage.
I've said before that if I had a choice of getting a/c or taking it out of the offices, I'd have it taken out of the offices. They open the doors too much to be effective anyway, right?