So...

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Older guys learn to work smarter.

Or maybe they are just lazy and try to do things with less effort.

Smooth is fast.

This is true about every job I've done at UPS. Unloading, sorting, loading and driving both package and feeders.

Too many workers fight the work they are doing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Older guys learn to work smarter.

Or maybe they are just lazy and try to do things with less effort.

Smooth is fast.

It's funny you mention this as I came off the road today and was surprised when I learned that a homeowner had called in a rude hourly on me.

I had two stops pretty much across the street from one another in a tight residential section so I parked on the side of the road between both stops. Walked off the first stop through the drivers door and then came back and walked off the second stop through the passenger door. I did cut across a portion of her yard to get to the second stop as there are no sidewalks in that area. She complained that I parked in front of her house and that I walked through her yard because I was too lazy to walk in the road (her words, not mine). My on car told me not to worry about it.

Dr.Brownz

It's funny you mention this as I came off the road today and was surprised when I learned that a homeowner had called in a rude hourly on me.

I had two stops pretty much across the street from one another in a tight residential section so I parked on the side of the road between both stops. Walked off the first stop through the drivers door and then came back and walked off the second stop through the passenger door. I did cut across a portion of her yard to get to the second stop as there are no sidewalks in that area. She complained that I parked in front of her house and that I walked through her yard because I was too lazy to walk in the road (her words, not mine). My on car told me not to worry about it.

obviously you were extremely rude and unprofessional . Just own up to it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Disagree

It's warning letter
3 day suspension
Term

No-- It's;

Get fired
Get your job back
Get fired
Get your job back
Get fired
Get your job back
yelled at
threatened with a warning letter
warning letter
warning letter
Sup goes ballistic
center manager goes ballistic
3 day suspension
get called in after one day off because they need you
get the other 2 days off-just like a mini vacation
warning letter--again
working termination
fired again

Get job back

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

Gey it togwtheer dean! Use the methosss!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No-- It's;

Get fired
Get your job back
Get fired
Get your job back
Get fired
Get your job back
yelled at
threatened with a warning letter
warning letter
warning letter
Sup goes ballistic
center manager goes ballistic
3 day suspension
get called in after one day off because they need you
get the other 2 days off-just like a mini vacation
warning letter--again
working termination
fired again

Get job back
Yep.. dog and pony show

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Surprised??? It even came out of your own mouth that the customers don’t like you...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, Obviously there’s SOME truth to it...

I'm sure there is-----I work at a very quick pace and as a result I don't spend a lot of time chit chatting with customers, which may come off as me being rude. Our other in town driver also works quickly and doesn't chat and I have heard from some of his customers that he can come off as being rude, even though I know that both he and I do not mean to.

In this particular case, I was running a bit late so was trying to get rid of this residential section very quickly. I walked directly from the package car to her neighbor's front door and then directly back, cutting through the portion of her yard closest to the road. If that is me being rude I will take that every day and twice on Sunday.