Tentative Agreement is now Available

Time for change

Tony has this idea it’s about regular top driver rate. That’s not why this garbage contract will be voted down. There are existing part timers and full timers that don’t like idea of working weekends for less. Pension increases were a joke that don’t even come close to catching up to inflation.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Will a package car driver have a right to Saturday delivery work if his route is cut on Monday and he does not work because work is not available due to the company manipulating the volume and having 22.4s deliver on Sat and Sun in order to cut RCPD routes on Monday? Work will be available on Sat or Sun so the RPCD should have 1st chance at it in order to get their 40 hours.

This was the question I left after the conference call, as I’m sure many did. I don’t expect an answer.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So everyone who takes this job can bid into package car or feeders. With the increase in pension, and people retiring anyone who takes a 22.4 job will have many option to bid all the 65,000 red circled RPCD drivers. I think you are misguided and I do not agree with you, respectfully.
Ok great.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I will tel my friend his an idiot.
CFF21245-E633-4A53-B30E-3C11597D20E0.gif

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Tony has this idea it’s about regular top driver rate. That’s not why this garbage contract will be voted down. There are existing part timers and full timers that don’t like idea of working weekends for less. Pension increases were a joke that don’t even come close to catching up to inflation.

$41 an hour doesn’t mean diddly poo when I’m laid off every Monday.

Blackstream

So what don't you like about the changes?
Not the guy you asked, but...

1) Raises seem way too little considering it's basically the same wages as the previous contract, but after 5 years of inflation and in the middle of a strong economy. Hell, that contract was before my time, but IIRC, it's also basically the same raises as the contract before that as well. So we're effectively getting weaker raises in a stronger economy in the middle of record profits.

2) We should be starting the minimum at $15, not $13. That one is more of a local issue, hopefully ours changes this because people are currently getting hired at $15 and this contract isn't gonna be appealing to these people at all.

3) Our great FT job opportunities now feature being a second class driver with no protections and less money.

4) Pension is cool, especially if I plan on staying part time forever. FT is where you go if you really want a solid pension though.

Basically, 22.4s are a crap deal that should be considered a concession, new hires get screwed, and the rest of it is decent, but not good enough.

Where I'm currently sitting, if this contract gets voted in or gets forced through, it won't be the worst thing in the world for me. I'll continue to get raises, I'll get a better pension, and I guess I'll just wait until enough people retire I get a good inside combo job.