Tentative Agreement is now Available

Considering Christ never came the first time I don’t know what to compare it to.
fV2nYFD3akDuTUgVhy.gif

Blackstream

I'm not voting yes just to get a retro check. I will gladly wait until next year to hit top rate in exchange for even a DECENT contract. Calling this proposal garbage is insulting garbage!
I wouldn't vote yes for a retro check either. It's not like those hours are going anywhere and it could get bigger if the renegotiated contract has better wages.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
$41 an hour doesn’t mean diddly poo when I’m laid off every Monday.

Come to think of it, why just Monday?

Let’s say 22.4s in my building are all hired as Wed-Sun. UPS shoves volume through on weekends, lays off a ton of RPCDs Mon, and a few less on Tues. The ones that do work will be worked to the max, but that’s okay because they can have their 9.5 violated 2 days a week.

Wed - Fri we run fat; RCPDs are not only kept under 9.5, they’re starved of any overtime at all. Higher seniority RPCDs will still get hours, lower seniority guys can only count on 24 a week. Many volunteer for weekend work because of this, and there you have it we lost big time on this contract.

Really, really hoping for our supplement to come through on this.

M

MenInBrown

He won’t address the “as long as work is available” language which I why I’m convinced the worst-case scenario is the future

Yes that means they will flood Saturday and Sunday with volume. Low seniority guys will be laid off Monday and Tuesday. With all the guarantees of 8 hrs a day, where do they laid of RPCDs get their hours? If they are doing combo work, where do they get their hours?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I wasn't too stoked about going on strike. But that language about "as long as work is available" yeah I'm walking the picket line. Dennis Taylor should be ashamed of himself.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I would rather go on strike and lose volume then volume gets diverted and drivers get laid off two days a week so "combo drivers" get to work for less. IBT and UPS trying to play us for a fool. I'm voting no. I've been a full time driver in 4 different buildings in 2 different states (I transferred). I'm telling all my buddies in all 4 buildings to vote no. And the whole "as long as work is available" is exactly why.