Tentative Agreement is now Available

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not the guy you asked, but...

1) Raises seem way too little considering it's basically the same wages as the previous contract, but after 5 years of inflation and in the middle of a strong economy. Hell, that contract was before my time, but IIRC, it's also basically the same raises as the contract before that as well. So we're effectively getting weaker raises in a stronger economy in the middle of record profits.

2) We should be starting the minimum at $15, not $13. That one is more of a local issue, hopefully ours changes this because people are currently getting hired at $15 and this contract isn't gonna be appealing to these people at all.

3) Our great FT job opportunities now feature being a second class driver with no protections and less money.

4) Pension is cool, especially if I plan on staying part time forever. FT is where you go if you really want a solid pension though.

Basically, 22.4s are a crap deal that should be considered a concession, new hires get screwed, and the rest of it is decent, but not good enough.

Where I'm currently sitting, if this contract gets voted in or gets forced through, it won't be the worst thing in the world for me. I'll continue to get raises, I'll get a better pension, and I guess I'll just wait until enough people retire I get a good inside combo job.
Smh ...

Rack em

Made the Podium

1) Raises seem way too little considering it's basically the same wages as the previous contract, but after 5 years of inflation and in the middle of a strong economy. Hell, that contract was before my time, but IIRC, it's also basically the same raises as the contract before that as well. So we're effectively getting weaker raises in a stronger economy in the middle of record profits.

2) We should be starting the minimum at $15, not $13. That one is more of a local issue, hopefully ours changes this because people are currently getting hired at $15 and this contract isn't gonna be appealing to these people at all.

3) Our great FT job opportunities now feature being a second class driver with no protections and less money.

4) Pension is cool, especially if I plan on staying part time forever. FT is where you go if you really want a solid pension though.

Basically, 22.4s are a crap deal that should be considered a concession, new hires get screwed, and the rest of it is decent, but not good enough.

Where I'm currently sitting, if this contract gets voted in or gets forced through, it won't be the worst thing in the world for me. I'll continue to get raises, I'll get a better pension, and I guess I'll just wait until enough people retire I get a good inside combo job.
And you'll eventually get fired for your faulty bulkhead door not closing. Great contract!

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
02A4A05E-349B-43D9-82D5-06C38ED89751.png

Those of us currently in progression will be “slotted into the new progression above”

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I was laughing about all the "nervous nellies" saying the IBT was going to sell us out.

UPS is still on the hook.... if Central States defaults.

Seriously BUG.. can you call that a victory, that agreement was back in 2007, eleven years ago, it has nothing to do with this one.

542thruNthru

Pretty solid answers man. This is the average teamster right here. Knows it's not a good contract but is willing to wait for the better stuff.

Sadly that's what seems to happen a lot and then next contract he will have something else to wait for again.

Blackstream

Oh and one other problem I have with this contract. I hope I'm not the only person that can see how adding 22.4s is gonna :censored2: over future contract negotiations. The union is probably gonna have to fight to fix problems that should never have been created in the first place (like adding 9.5 protections to 22.4s, or fixing their top scale), and will likely be doing that instead of fighting for something else that current PTers and/or FTers want. And we'll get another contract or two where we're basically spinning our wheels in the mud while the union and company pat themselves on the back over how much progress they've made.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No more extra dollar for preload and sorters.

Air driver time in progression doubled.

Basically forced to take lower paying 22.4 if you want to go FT driver or someone will skip over you.

Boy they don't like part timers lol.

You got that too..I would say it would be classified as damn right hate. Again kicking the little man because they can.

Blackstream

I just hit my 3 year mark a few months ago so getting a $7.75 raise in my 3rd year would be awesome....but the contract is just sooooo :censored2:ty that it's impossible to vote yes.
Plus, you're less than a year off of getting top scale anyways, and if this contract is anything like last contract, it won't get ratified until mid next year anyways, right as you're hitting top scale anyways. The retrocheck you got would be insane though.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Plus, you're less than a year off of getting top scale anyways, and if this contract is anything like last contract, it won't get ratified until mid next year anyways, right as you're hitting top scale anyways. The retrocheck you got would be insane though.
And they're boosting drivers in progression retro checks also since they get the new rates. Hoping to buy yes votes.
I'm not voting yes just to get a retro check. I will gladly wait until next year to hit top rate in exchange for even a DECENT contract. Calling this proposal garbage is insulting garbage!