Tentative Agreement is now Available

tadpole

We are being told that 22.4s will reduce our excessive overtime. But I don’t trust that it will at all. They love to keep increasing the stop counts.

The way I see it, none of this language makes me more protected from excessive overtime.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We are being told that 22.4s will reduce our excessive overtime. But I don’t trust that it will at all. They love to keep increasing the stop counts.

The way I see it, none of this language makes me more protected from excessive overtime.
Wrong dude. If they don't remove the fine print of "as long as work is available" then we won't even be seeing 40 hours a week. Unless your top 20% seniority in your center.

tadpole

Somebody help me out. I am looking through my contract book but can’t find the part about your daily guarantee of 8 hrs. I see the new language in 22.4, but what about the old language? I’m wondering if “as long as work is available” really means they can lay off RPCDs.

If even one 22.4 works, no RPCDs can be laid off.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Somebody help me out. I am looking through my contract book but can’t find the part about your daily guarantee of 8 hrs. I see the new language in 22.4, but what about the old language? I’m wondering if “as long as work is available” really means they can lay off RPCDs.

If even one 22.4 works, no RPCDs can be laid off.
Let me explain this to you. 22.4 work wed-sun. They advance Mondays volume to sat-sun. You come in Monday and they cut 27 routes. You get sent home because there is no work available. You come in Tuesday and they cut 13 routes. You get sent home again because no work is available. 22.4 drivers don't work Monday and Tuesday. Their week starts on Wednesday. You can be laid off every Monday and Tuesday based on available work.

RuthlessSupSlayer

No

4 year air driver...

Noticed they removed employee from art.6 and only drivers have tech protections (or am i reading that wrong?)

No driver shall be issued a warning notice based solely upon the above-mentioned systems without first...no need to go any further

If permitted by state and/or federal law, headsets, Bluetooth ear
pieces, and earphones that are used in moving vehicles shall only cover one ear....so i can wear one over the ear noise canceling earphone? Good to see pur safety is at the top of the list.

1. They need to be allowed to have a minimum amount of hours inside in order to avoid same job for less money and it should be in the 17.5-20hr range.

2. These drivers should not drive more than X hours per day when working inside

3. Guaranteed 8 hours if work is available

RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available....i know "but 22.4 cant displace RPCD" What about before they hire a 22.4 if your building/center hires one at all? If being a RCPD is a premium job shouldnt we have the real guarantee?

Newly created 22.4 combination driver positions shall count toward the newly created 22.3 jobs required by this Agreement So a minimal worked inside combo22.4 will count towards a real combo job....bye bye 22.3

Part Time

Start at 13 in 2018 then wait 5 years to get something thats going to be relevant now? WOW WHAT A WIN...GTFO 15 to start in todays economy the in 5 years 17 per hour or something along those lines.

Sure post

If a driver or inside employee identifies a package designated for Surepost that is clearly more than ten (10) pounds and/or larger than three cubic feet, the package can be removed from the system and redirected for delivery by a package driver unless the
Employer cannot deliver to the specified address. So i am at the post offive and i see a 12lb surepost i can keep it and run it that day? If it is within my center?

This is an easy NO i am getting a nice raise from being in progression but this is more than money and you can read right into this that they are messing woth alot in this contract. I plan on printing copies and wiping my ass with it.

tadpole

Let me explain this to you. 22.4 work wed-sun. They advance Mondays volume to sat-sun. You come in Monday and they cut 27 routes. You get sent home because there is no work available. You come in Tuesday and they cut 13 routes. You get sent home again because no work is available. 22.4 drivers don't work Monday and Tuesday. Their week starts on Wednesday. You can be laid off every Monday and Tuesday based on available work.
I understand what you’re saying, thanks! I was trying to find if there was other language that would prevent what you are describing. I spent the last hour going through my contract book, and I now agree that with this new language, there would be nothing stopping the company from doing this.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didn't read everyone's posts on this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating. In the interest of fairness I will recognize the good parts that I saw.

Sure post packages over a certain size or weight can be redirected by any employee to be delivered by a RPCD.

The 70 hours can only be used during peak, offered from the top down and forced from the bottom up. I know not everyone likes that, but it doesn't bother me, and it's not all year. Not something I'd fight over.

Slightly better wage progression for ground drivers.

Everything else is either neutral, or completely terrible.

My main sticking points are (still) the 22.4's, extending air driver progression (if they make it that long, they should have it carry over to full time), annual increases, and part time raises.

Each of those by themselves is enough to get a no vote from me. And that is just from a cursory skim. I will have to dig in deeper and see if they're trying to sneak anything else by us.