Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lending tools. Lol.
No. They were working with me at the farm.

Really the plan was just to take down deer stands that day but we knocked that out fast and a section of roof had blown off and I don’t do heights so they took care of it.

I mean it obviously shouldn’t have gotten left out but I had a kid in tow with me and was a little too distracted I guess.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/home/article/10727881/jimmy-hurd-and-the-ir-thundergun

I use to pick up these tricked out impact drivers used in Nascar about thirty years ago. Howard Hurd started this business out of his house in Morrow, GA where I got to know him and his son Jim. Basically, he tricked out Ingersoll Rand Impact Drivers where they would spin faster. He was so good at what he did all the Nascar teams started using his stuff and they still do to this day. Howard died a long time ago and his grandson took over the business and moved it to North Carolina where most of the teams are based.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
An old truck wheel and a piece of 4” pipe make good grinder stands

I picked up something similar to that once at the same place for super cheap. It was a diy disc sander made from an old appliance motor, mounted to a metal tube which was attached to an old wire spool. I got it to repurpose the motor, but ended up bending the shaft in transport. Kept all the attachments and the tube from the stand for future projects, should suit this one pretty well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I picked up something similar to that once at the same place for super cheap. It was a diy disc sander made from an old appliance motor, mounted to a metal tube which was attached to an old wire spool. I got it to repurpose the motor, but ended up bending the shaft in transport. Kept all the attachments and the tube from the stand for future projects, should suit this one pretty well.

my man
I don’t throw anything away either
Drives my wife crazy

TTLS1

since this is a tool thread, I recently got a set of Gearwrench ratchets for Christmas. so far these ratchets are bad ass, I have a ton of their wrenches and have always been happy with them so figured id give them a try. look into them if you want a good ratchet. While I love the snap on tools I have, their prices are insane!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
so anyone got a double barrel stove setup in their shop?

I have one barrel. Gonna buy the kit sometime soon. It's actually a violation to use a burn barrel in city limits, but I guess it's ok to turn one on its side, and tack on a door and pipe. I hadn't heard of the double barrel setup.

What I really want is a setup that can be used as a forge, furnace, kiln, pizza oven, shop and water heater all in one. Pobably a pipe dream, but gotta try and save space. :teethy:

rod

Retired 23 years
so anyone got a double barrel stove setup in their shop?
I had a single barrel wood stove in my workshop at the previous place I owned. When it was 20 below outside you either froze to death or was working in a tee shirt. Now my workshop has in floor heat and stays at a constant temperature.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had a single barrel wood stove in my workshop at the previous place I owned. When it was 20 below outside you either froze to death or was working in a tee shirt. Now my workshop has in floor heat and stays at a constant temperature.

Damn that’s gangsta

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My bil lives on a steep hill did that to his driveway it is badass

Brownslave688

Outdoor wood furnace with water running through the lines in the floor? That’s how a buddy of mines is set up.

Brownslave688

I have one barrel. Gonna buy the kit sometime soon. It's actually a violation to use a burn barrel in city limits, but I guess it's ok to turn one on its side, and tack on a door and pipe. I hadn't heard of the double barrel setup.

What I really want is a setup that can be used as a forge, furnace, kiln, pizza oven, shop and water heater all in one. Pobably a pipe dream, but gotta try and save space. :teethy:

Not a great picture.
94B82C93-FA85-4D4A-873B-F0F06D59BAF2.jpeg

rod

Retired 23 years
Outdoor wood furnace with water running through the lines in the floor? That’s how a buddy of mines is set up.
Nice - but I can’t get the wife to cut and haul wood and I sure ain’t going to do it. My in- floor system boiler runs on propane with anti freeze in the lines