Union is done

Irishman Collins

It will be so funny when your scenarios end up being wrong. I guarantee you don't come on here and say you were wrong.
Ok Bojangles, you want what i have been wrong about, here goes? I will number them for you.
1. I was wrong in believing that the needs of all Teamster members matter to the I.B.T.
2. I was wrong in thinking that Jimmy Hoffa Jr. was someone who cared deeply about his members.
3. I was wrong thinking that hall was capable of negotiating the best U.P.S. contract in history, given the historic record profits that U.P.S. has been reporting.
4. I was wrong talking negatively about T.D.U.
5. I was wrong supporting Jimmy Hoffa Jr. for General President
6. I was wrong assuming that my U.P.S. benefits that far outweigh Teamcare would remain in tact.
7. I was wrong being proud of how strong the Teamster Union is.
8. I was wrong thinking that harassment would finally end with new language in this new Master.
9. I was wrong believing that hall and Mr. Hoffa would get legislation passed to protect our "unsustainable" Teamcare plan.
10. I was wrong thinking that i would never speak of joining another Union.

There is ten things i was wrong about. Please let me know if you need more proof, that i have no problem expressing when i am wrong!

Ok Bojangles, you want what i have been wrong about, here goes? I will number them for you.
1. I was wrong in believing that the needs of all Teamster members matter to the I.B.T.
2. I was wrong in thinking that Jimmy Hoffa Jr. was someone who cared deeply about his members.
3. I was wrong thinking that hall was capable of negotiating the best U.P.S. contract in history, given the historic record profits that U.P.S. has been reporting.
6. I was wrong assuming that my U.P.S. benefits that far outweigh Teamcare would remain in tact.
8. I was wrong thinking that harassment would finally end with new language in this new Master.
9. I was wrong believing that hall and Mr. Hoffa would get legislation passed to protect our "unsustainable" Teamcare plan.

There is ten things i was wrong about. Please let me know if you need more proof, that i have no problem expressing when i am wrong!
No offense Irish but those things are a load of crap and you know it.

The Milkman

I don't get you! Your on these forums trying to stir up trouble and you're not even a dues paying member of the union...???

Sent using BrownCafe App

No more Dues since I retired, paid them for over 25 years. Not here to stir up trouble as you say, but trying to give you a warning which to all the YES men here seems to be a Joke. Someday if and when you retire you will feel what myself and others do. We don't need sympathy as most like myself planned for our retirements well in advance. In 86 when the 401k started I jumped in thinking of my future. I am doing well Thank You, got my RV made a couple of trips up to Alaska for months at a time, been all over the SouthWest where I moved from Jersey , Yes life is good but for all you know it alls, you better be ready for some eye openers after you hang it up. You then have to rely on current members to decide your fate down the road, this is what I have been saying all along because before you know it the future will be here, and you will have to watch like I have the Teamsters slowly lose their clout. Lose their clout because of people who may not be looking ahead, thinking that when you retire and are handed your papers and told what your benefits will be etc etc, only to have them changed a few yrs down the road, so just be prepared because the way it looks all over this forum many of you think it is a Joke that I am trying to inform you as I was when I was a rookie back in 81 by the Senior members back then, I remember them giving me advice about the way I will be treated etc etc and it all came true in due time. Things change, I remember the 50 lb limit, then 70 , now 150, I remember many saying Saturday deliveries would never happen, Now 22.3 jobs, took me 9 months to get to top rate, now 4 years What a Joke...How did that happen, time bonus's gone, thrift plan,and for what it's worth Circle of Honor Awards, or any recognition of any sort. Not sure if they done away with Safe driving awards and if they did not they may have lowered the quality of awards. Yes Change you can count on it, the only thing you can't count on is Current Teamsters making the right decisions concerning the FUTURES OF EVERYONE NOW EMPLOYED AT UPS

Stonefish

11. You were wrong when you wrote that.
12. You'll be wrong when you respond

Irishman Collins

I wasn't wrong about the National, Central or the Ohio Rider. You on the other hand my little piggy got it wrong all the way home.
Yes, you were right, that in the end we would get screwed over and have our right to vote taken away. I just had more faith in our Union, than you did. I guess just one more thing I was wrong about.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why is solidarity only for the other people/views, and not for yourself?
Are you confusing the word "solitary" with the word "solitary"?
Unfortunately, the issues we have been discussing on this board are very polarizing and tend to have us on either one side or the other.
To me, solidarity implies all parties with the same ideals and agendas.
This is absolutely not the case among UPS Teamsters, so as 10 point said:
"And solidarity is extinct.
Only a skeleton remains".
It's undeniable.

oldngray

nowhere special
Poland had solidarity without even being able to spell it
0000095640-laboec003-004.jpg