Union is done

upschuck

Who betrayed the members of local
89 ,623 and the other members in Pennsylvania?
Because they were holding out over something that was settled, and not going to change. IBT should have imposed the HC, and let them vote on the other issues. Now is time to come together, and stand united against UPS, until the election process. Have a good debate over issues, then come together afterward. That is what adults do.

Inthegame

Because they were holding out over something that was settled, and not going to change. IBT should have imposed the HC, and let them vote on the other issues. Now is time to come together, and stand united against UPS, until the election process. Have a good debate over issues, then come together afterward. That is what adults do.
Be careful with the logical posts, you'll be accused of being a "talking head".

10 point

Thank you kind sir
I've come to realize that being upset about the contract and posting it here is redundant and will have a great deal of contention constantly stirred up.
We've said it all. (Multiple times and then some.) What we haven't done is thank each of us (you) for being open to debate. That part I respect.
We won't agree on some issues but we're on here because it matters to all of us where this Union is heading.

Satuirus2000

Honestly that can't happen. Stand together and united? There were plenty of people here that didn't even want to do that this cycle.

10 point

Honestly that can't happen. Stand together and united? There were plenty of people here that didn't even want to do that this cycle.
We didn't and don't agree on many issues and we have the right to voice our opinion. But now its time to move on and do our best to work together.

ncupser82

Where does it say in any of my posts that I feel as though I got screwed? I couldn't care any less what you guys do now. I have a wonderful retirement and I don't care if my healthcare goes up to $1000.00 a month, I can afford it. I planned well for my retirement. I'm sorry if you feel like it's an exercise in futility for yourself. Please don't feel sorry for me at all. I feel sorry for you because you make it seem in your post you are uncertain of anything about your future.

Live in fear is what you perceive from reading my post? Get a grip dude! Maybe someday you'll be able to live as I do, comfortably and only worry about your pool getting warm enough to swim in when May comes around.
I've got a grip, it's on 10 and 2!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

I can't believe this is all you 3 talking heads took from my post?
I only alluded once in the opening sentence to the local level, without saying whether the hearings were timely or not?
Let me help you believe. I only responded once to your opening sentence in reference to local hearings, but your entire scenario referred to a delay ridden process (to which I didn't disagree).
The bulk of the post outlined the lengthy process that would be far from a deterrent to the company on the topic of staffing levels.
The bulk of your post outlined the lengthy process that could occur if ones BA had no knowledge of process and gets steamrolled at hearings. That appears to be another local issue.
The system is setup to allow the company to hide behind the procedure, in a pseudo-filabuster, one that discourages members from participating.
Pretty sure I acknowledged the possibility of a slower resolution process than some impatient members prefer, but our process now has a bite it hadn't had before. But if members don't participate, it'll be useless.
I'll repost my original thoughts to see if you guys can keep your "eyes on the ball".
I played a bit of Bball Bubble (say that 5 times in 8 seconds). Good players learn to feel the ball, never watch it. There's way too much action away from the ball...

Irishman Collins

You blew your argument with stupid. I don't think our members are stupid. Some are misguided. But I'd rather people not vote if they didn't take time to learn. But we do vote and intrust people to do that stuff for us. Everybody knocks Hall, but for the last 18 years he has gotten us huge gains in money. He's good enough for Carey, yet booted because he is with Hoffa? For the Carey Old Guard followers, if Carey was still president today, guess who he would have as his head negotiator???? If you said Liem, Sylvester, Gegare, Pope or Zuckerman you would be wrong.

Did I blow your house down?
Wolf, vote are you kidding me! We were voting and continuing to vote down supplements but that right was taken from us, but yet you still support people who took yours and my right to vote away?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Listen to your words, impose the health care on them? What is this, Hitler's labor Union? Lets get something straight, these clowns work for us and it is our will they should impose on the company. Not their will on us!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let me help you believe. I only responded once to your opening sentence in reference to local hearings, but your entire scenario referred to a delay ridden process (to which I didn't disagree).

If it were just you, it wouldn't have seemed so ludicrous.

The bulk of your post outlined the lengthy process that could occur if ones BA had no knowledge of process and gets steamrolled at hearings. That appears to be another local issue.

You know what state I reside in, PM me a recent precedent setting state panel decision of a similar magnitude and I'll post a complete retraction.

Pretty sure I acknowledged the possibility of a slower resolution process than some impatient members prefer, but our process now has a bite it hadn't had before. But if members don't participate, it'll be useless.

Our previous contract had "bite" that few enacted, while the few who did wonder whether the panels will acknowledge these new words any more than they did the ones that preceded them.

I played a bit of Bball Bubble (say that 5 times in 8 seconds). Good players learn to feel the ball, never watch it. There's way too much action away from the ball...

Way to much innuendo for my liking, but I'm afraid it might be appropriate?
It seems to me that there is far to "stroking" going on in the grievance process.
Those who choose not to "play ball" get kicked in the nuts.

My response highlighted above in red.

Last edited:

brown_trousers

Listen to your words, impose the health care on them? What is this, Hitler's labor Union? Lets get something straight, these clowns work for us and it is our will they should impose on the company. Not their will on us!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

They didnt force anything on us. We held a fair vote for healthcare and the majority of us voted yes.

Are you suggesting we should abolish the voting system?

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Wolf, vote are you kidding me! We were voting and continuing to vote down supplements but that right was taken from us, but yet you still support people who took yours and my right to vote away?

Sent using BrownCafe App
You're in :censored2:. Your right to vote wasn't taken away by the IBT, it was taken away by your coworkers when they voted to pass the Rider. Be upset at your coworkers if you're going to be upset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishman Collins

They didnt force anything on us. We held a fair vote for healthcare and the majority of us voted yes.

Are you suggesting we should abolish the voting system?
No,but if the Union is just going to impose it anyway. What makes the difference? P.A. still had two supplements out and local 89 was still not resolved yet. The I.B.T. took their right to vote and their strike authorization away. It sounds a little like a dictatorship, not a democracy.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

You're in ohio. Your right to vote wasn't taken away by the IBT, it was taken away by your coworkers when they voted to pass the Ohio Rider. Be upset at your coworkers if you're going to be upset.
I could be wrong but I think he means that if the Rider didn't pass this last time that we would have been treated like the last three locals and therefore the same fate awaited us too.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No,but if the Union is just going to impose it anyway. What makes the difference? P.A. still had two supplements out and local 89 was still not resolved yet. The I.B.T. took their right to vote and their strike authorization away. It sounds a little like a dictatorship, not a democracy.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree.
We all bitch about members not voting, now this?
How are we supposed to sell these non-voters on the notion that their vote will count in the future?

That's easy, get in line or get imposed.
You want to be on the winning team, don't you???

Irishman Collins

You're in ohio. Your right to vote wasn't taken away by the IBT, it was taken away by your coworkers when they voted to pass the Ohio Rider. Be upset at your coworkers if you're going to be upset.
Johnny, regardless of what state your in, we should all be outraged that 3 supplements had their votes taken away. If the government decided that Texas, Ohio and California could no longer vote on legislation in their respective states and that the federal government would decide on their states legislation. Wouldn't you be outraged at this abuse of power? Isn't our government and our Union a democracy? Isn't that why we vote? Are you that scared of the big bad T.D.U. that you will except any abuse of power from our current administration? After this huge debauchel how can anyone support this administration?

Sent using BrownCafe App