Union is done

rod

Retired 23 years
You blew your argument with stupid. I don't think our members are stupid. Some are misguided. But I'd rather people not vote if they didn't take time to learn. But we do vote and intrust people to do that stuff for us. Everybody knocks Hall, but for the last 18 years he has gotten us huge gains in money. He's good enough for Carey, yet booted because he is with Hoffa? For the Carey Old Guard followers, if Carey was still president today, guess who he would have as his head negotiator???? If you said Liem, Sylvester, Gegare, Pope or Zuckerman you would be wrong.

Did I blow your house down?

What I meant by stupid was the fact that they gave up their chance to change things for the better (or at least keep what others had fought for). Now they have no reason to complain.

10 point

How much more can we post on a dead subject?
Save it for the IBT elections.

Let's talk about whose wife is going to give them what % share of their retro check ... or not.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What was your plan? 95% of country approved their contract. No strike was going to happen. No change in HC was going to happen.
This is a great example of the "slight of hand" statistics that are being thrown out in support of this contract and its supplements being imposed on the membership.
Reality is, that in a scant turnout, the National Master barely passed and after multiple votes, 15 of 18 failed supplements were passed at an enormous cost shouldered by the IBT(dues money), not the company.
While I am sure the 95% figure can be substantiated geographically, it is very misleading standing alone in the above sentence.
Looking back now, in hindsight, the last votes in Local 89, Ohio, Western PA and Metro Philly was all a facade and a huge black eye to the Teamsters, one that will not heal anytime soon.
What a shame.

This is a great example of the "slight of hand" statistics that are being thrown out in support of this contract and its supplements being imposed on the membership.
Reality is, that in a scant turnout, the National Master barely passed and after multiple votes, 15 of 18 failed supplements were passed at an enormous cost shouldered by the IBT(dues money), not the company.
While I am sure the 95% figure can be substantiated geographically, it is very misleading standing alone in the above sentence.
Looking back now, in hindsight, the last votes in Local 89, Ohio, Western PA and Metro Philly was all a facade and a huge black eye to the Teamsters, one that will not heal anytime soon.
What a shame.
What's it going to take to heal it?