Union is done

10 point

Stewards get pressure on both sides and they don't get compensated for their commitment.
I'm not negative or defeated about the issue. It's just what I've seen over the years.

Irishman Collins

What was your plan? 95% of country approved their contract. No strike was going to happen. No change in HC was going to happen.
The plan was simple. As long as supplements fail, the concessions and givebacks from the Master can not take effect. We were depending on the I.B.T. constitution to protect us from the worst U.P.S. contract in history. We just didn't count on the I.B.T. imposing the contract and taking our right to vote away.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stewards get pressure on both sides and they don't get compensated for their commitment.
I'm not negative or defeated about the issue. It's just what I've seen over the years.
Compensation isn't everything. Helping people puts you in a better position for Gods grace. You can't take money with you but people can remember you as someone who went out of your way for them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What is "God's grace"?
I'll never forget, when I was a kid, the Jehovah Witnesses would come to our street a couple times a year to minister to the neighborhood.
My Mom could spot them a quarter mile away.
She would order us inside and shut the doors and windows and we would lay low until they cleared the area.

I'm not sure why I was reminded of this story????

What is "God's grace"?
The mercy of God of course. I haven't run across anyone yet who doesn't need this at some time or another. Working at ups qualifies you to need a little more than someone who doesn't sometimes as you are in the heart of the devil. The devil being ups. If you haven't seen this devil yet in your journey through ups I most certainly hope you don't.

brown_trousers

The plan was simple. As long as supplements fail, the concessions and givebacks from the Master can not take effect. We were depending on the I.B.T. constitution to protect us from the worst U.P.S. contract in history. We just didn't count on the I.B.T. imposing the contract and taking our right to vote away.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your plan was undemocratic at best. The teamsters union voted as a nation on this contract. We voted yes by a majority.

any attempt to circumvent this contract is an act AGAINST your fellow union brothers and sisters. we dont just get to ignore the majority of teamster voters because a few are unhappy. You may not like the outcome of this vote, but it was a fair vote. Deal with it

10 point

Your plan was undemocratic at best. The teamsters union voted as a nation on this contract. We voted yes by a majority.

any attempt to circumvent this contract is an act AGAINST your fellow union brothers and sisters. we dont just get to ignore the majority of teamster voters because a few are unhappy. You may not like the outcome of this vote, but it was a fair vote. Deal with it
You are wrong and we tried to deal with it.
The NMA was a done deal. The Central was finally too. The Ohio Rider barely passed, finally. All three were hotly contested by many Teamsters.

Hard feelings were evident since last July so people vent on BC.

You just have to give it time because just as each of us have a vote, we also have strong feelings about people that voted twice against their locals offering and got it jammed down their throats before due process was finished.

It's easier to truly get over it than it is to get passed it if that makes sense. Disbelief lingers because the whole thing was so contentious and hard fought.

In time, people will go on but it was a very long ten months.

Stonefish

They can't. They admittedly tried to do this and they're pissed at the IBT because it didn't work. Now it all makes sense and it's funnier than hell.

10 point

They can't. They admittedly tried to do this and they're pissed at the IBT because it didn't work. Now it all makes sense and it's funnier than hell.
You don't have to keep stirring things up.
Why don't you respect other members feeling and beliefs that care contrary to yours?
It's not funny as hell. It gets old and we are trying to go on but evidently you don't want peace.

You water down credible issues by being over the top continuously. Evident as well, according to the Ohio Rider vote, your statements (alluding to) about the voters that voted no being a smaller insignificant faction is only credible to the tune of 88 voters that voted yes.
Had 88 more voted no instead of yes the Rider would have gone to a strike vote.

Your inflated disallowing of the multiple members in Ohio that didnt agree with you is just that.....inflated. The vote is what it is but the amount of people who would rather take a chance on taking a strike vote just to say that they dont agree with how the IBT negotiated this agreement shows that people better listen. Had 88 more Yes votes voted No you wouldn't have a tail to stand on on this forum with your all knowing attitude.
That's a lot of credibility? I'd be ashamed in your position.

Stonefish

You don't have to keep stirring things up.
Why don't you respect other members feeling and beliefs that care contrary to yours?
It's not funny as hell. It gets old and we are trying to go on but evidently you don't want peace.

You water down credible issues by being over the top continuously. Evident as well, according to the Ohio Rider vote, your statements (alluding to) about the voters that voted no being a smaller insignificant faction is only credible to the tune of 88 voters that voted yes.
Had 88 more voted no instead of yes the Rider would have gone to a strike vote.

Your inflated disallowing of the multiple members in Ohio that didnt agree with you is just that.....inflated. The vote is what it is but the amount of people who would rather take a chance on taking a strike vote just to say that they dont agree with how the IBT negotiated this agreement shows that people better listen. Had 88 more Yes votes voted No you wouldn't have a tail to stand on on this forum with your all knowing attitude.
That's a lot of credibility? I'd be ashamed in your position.
You said before it's time to move on. But you aren't. It is funny how you tried to play a game with the system, you lost and now you're mad. You should be the one ashamed.

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, we live in a yellow society. Most people now a days will just go along with injustices. I mean look how we are taxed in this country and people for the most part say nothing. The vote noer's were not only trying to protect all members from going into an "unsustainable" health plan but were also trying to send a message, that as long as U.P.S. is recording record profits a contract full of concessions and givebacks is unacceptable. Change is needed from the top to the bottom at the I.B.T. and this is just the beginning. The "old guard", needs to go and we are determined to make it happen. We need tough leadership to maintain our wages and benefits. We need protection from harrasment and part timers work very hard just to earn a buck and the people who are sworn to fight for them give them an additional year of progression and allow the company to use single day vacation drivers at will. What was exposed through all this is that a grass roots effort was able to bring members together to stand up and fight for a better contract. The reason we in the end were unsuccessful was we were out spent and out resourced but the main reason we were defeated is because our leaders decided to interpret the constitution in a way that squashes members rights to vote and that my friend is UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

You said before it's time to move on. But you aren't. It is funny how you tried to play a game with the system, you lost and now you're mad. You should be the one ashamed.
I just responded to your comments and your little jab at the steward issue.

I'm not mad at all. It is what it is and that's how I feel about it.

Your credibility IMO is diminishing. You aren't on the same level as BUG and Inthegame when it comes to being professional.
Responding to your snide comments drops me to your level everytime and I'm trying not to go there anymore. Trying.

I really expect more from a _ _.
(There. I edited it for you.)

Stonefish

I just responded to your comments and your little jab at the steward issue.

I'm not mad at all. It is what it is and that's how I feel about it.

Your credibility IMO is diminishing. You aren't on the same level as BUG and Inthegame when it comes to being professional.
Responding to your snide comments drops me to your level everytime and I'm trying not to go there anymore. Trying.

I really expect more from a _ _.
(There. I edited it for you.)
When did I take a jab at stewards?
My credibility with you or others like you does not mean a thing to me. I don't strive to be like BUG or Inthegame, they are who they are. I don't expect them or anyone else to be like me and I don't try to be like them.
My snide comments are related to yours so take a look in the mirror.
You do not need to edit your posts for me. Say what you mean and mean what you say that's the problem with people these days they beat around the bush too much. We don't agree with each other on this issue and I don't have an issue with that. I still respect your opinion(s) on the issue but don't agree. However, if someone posts or says something I don't agree with I'm going to respond.

Stonefish

Stonefish, we live in a yellow society. Most people now a days will just go along with injustices. I mean look how we are taxed in this country and people for the most part say nothing. The vote noer's were not only trying to protect all members from going into an "unsustainable" health plan but were also trying to send a message, that as long as U.P.S. is recording record profits a contract full of concessions and givebacks is unacceptable. Change is needed from the top to the bottom at the I.B.T. and this is just the beginning. The "old guard", needs to go and we are determined to make it happen. We need tough leadership to maintain our wages and benefits. We need protection from harrasment and part timers work very hard just to earn a buck and the people who are sworn to fight for them give them an additional year of progression and allow the company to use single day vacation drivers at will. What was exposed through all this is that a grass roots effort was able to bring members together to stand up and fight for a better contract. The reason we in the end were unsuccessful was we were out spent and out resourced but the main reason we were defeated is because our leaders decided to interpret the constitution in a way that squashes members rights to vote and that my friend is UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I understand you position but we can agree to disagree.