Union is done

ncupser82

Compensation isn't everything. Helping people puts you in a better position for Gods grace. You can't take money with you but people can remember you as someone who went out of your way for them.
I'd like to be steward some day...not sure how to go about that, but people ask me Q's about the contract all the time!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

You don't have to keep stirring things up.
Why don't you respect other members feeling and beliefs that care contrary to yours?
It's not funny as hell. It gets old and we are trying to go on but evidently you don't want peace.

You water down credible issues by being over the top continuously. Evident as well, according to the Ohio Rider vote, your statements (alluding to) about the voters that voted no being a smaller insignificant faction is only credible to the tune of 88 voters that voted yes.
Had 88 more voted no instead of yes the Rider would have gone to a strike vote.

Your inflated disallowing of the multiple members in Ohio that didnt agree with you is just that.....inflated. The vote is what it is but the amount of people who would rather take a chance on taking a strike vote just to say that they dont agree with how the IBT negotiated this agreement shows that people better listen. Had 88 more Yes votes voted No you wouldn't have a tail to stand on on this forum with your all knowing attitude.
That's a lot of credibility? I'd be ashamed in your position.

I agree 100% with you

The Milkman

Stonefish, we live in a yellow society. Most people now a days will just go along with injustices. I mean look how we are taxed in this country and people for the most part say nothing. The vote noer's were not only trying to protect all members from going into an "unsustainable" health plan but were also trying to send a message, that as long as U.P.S. is recording record profits a contract full of concessions and givebacks is unacceptable. Change is needed from the top to the bottom at the I.B.T. and this is just the beginning. The "old guard", needs to go and we are determined to make it happen. We need tough leadership to maintain our wages and benefits. We need protection from harrasment and part timers work very hard just to earn a buck and the people who are sworn to fight for them give them an additional year of progression and allow the company to use single day vacation drivers at will. What was exposed through all this is that a grass roots effort was able to bring members together to stand up and fight for a better contract. The reason we in the end were unsuccessful was we were out spent and out resourced but the main reason we were defeated is because our leaders decided to interpret the constitution in a way that squashes members rights to vote and that my friend is UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Well Said.. And to the point!!!

I'd like to be steward some day...not sure how to go about that, but people ask me Q's about the contract all the time!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Learn the contract and go to the meeting for starters. Be professional with management and the members. Stand your ground and sit back and learn the art of listening. The room is full of talkers. Everyone wants to be heard but few actually listen. Learn the art of listening and you will be ok.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Maybe it's lice.

35bcis6.jpg

-Bug-

710 steward

I am with you on that.

Just like the 705 and 710 members, Who try to BS everyone else....

That somehow, "their" separate contracts are superior.

Walk it back.... truck driver.

-Bug-

That's it Bug?? Seriously, that's the clever comeback?? You've never seen me post any of that nonsense. We might actually agree on something here. That is a......shocker, isn't it??? We should all be working under the same rules. I completely agree and if we were this contract fails with 710 and 705 's no votes. Now try complaining to someone who can actually make that happen. You know who....it's your idol....Hoffa. In all reality it's idle Hoffa. Hopefully my friend.....you understand.....the play...on words.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

It's really hard to comprehend union members gloating over members of 3 locals not getting to vote for a satisfactory local rider. The IBT sweeping it under "voting it down because of insurance" is nonsense.

That's it Bug?? Seriously, that's the clever comeback?? You've never seen me post any of that nonsense. We might actually agree on something here. That is a......shocker, isn't it??? We should all be working under the same rules. I completely agree and if we were this contract fails with 710 and 705 's no votes. Now try complaining to someone who can actually make that happen. You know who....it's your idol....Hoffa. In all reality it's idle Hoffa. Hopefully my friend.....you understand.....the play...on words.
I don't think there's anybody on this forum who will lay claim to jimmy Hoffa jr as their idol. Most of us like other people on his slate. He is a figurehead and not much more.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's really hard to comprehend union members gloating over members of 3 locals not getting to vote for a satisfactory local rider. The IBT sweeping it under "voting it down because of insurance" is nonsense.

How much longer would have you liked to have seen this go? Would you have been prepared to put your life and livelihood on hold to support your "brothers"?

The harsh reality is that the vast majority of Teamsters approved the master and their supplement and the IBT had the wisdom to see that the minority of Local 89 members who even bothered to vote were never going to be satisfied no matter what the company agreed to. The company no longer wanted to be in the healthcare field and the union saw the money-making potential of taking over the healthcare.

The IBT made the right move.