You calling off Friday?

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_4682_15.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When I retired the survivorship and life insurance was about the same in cost, but the life insurance was only good for 20 years so if I outlived that the policy was no good and try and get one when I was 75+ wasn't going to happen so we went with the cut in pension so the wife gets something if I die first. Of course mine is also like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U if the wife dies first it reverts back to my full pension.
Why does all the planning seem to be a one way street, keeping wifey cared for should we drop dead?

We need reciprocity here! A new, younger replacement model is expensive!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Here your wife has to sign off on not getting survivorship. Also keep in mind if your wife is younger than you the survivorship cost's more per month.
Our term life insurance policies have expired and we did not renew because of the cost & were no longer needed.
I took out the 75% survivorship option for my spouse on my pension.
She did not do the same for me with her pension. At least her pension has a cost of living adjustment every year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why does all the planning seem to be a one way street, keeping wifey cared for should we drop dead?

We need reciprocity here! A new, younger replacement model is expensive!
Of course we will observe a reasonable/respectable period of mourning.

How many days/ weeks time is acceptable? Preliminary, not actually dating.

RTS313

When I retired the survivorship and life insurance was about the same in cost, but the life insurance was only good for 20 years so if I outlived that the policy was no good and try and get one when I was 75+ wasn't going to happen so we went with the cut in pension so the wife gets something if I die first. Of course mine is also like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U if the wife dies first it reverts back to my full pension.
Some retired drivers take the full pension amount and Increase/get a 2 million life insurance policy. Incase they die early the beneficiary gets a huge check