Integrity

Binge Poster
29131642LC8AdLrh.gif
I agree.

The heatwave does continue.

Package Cars are too hot.

The Range

In too deep
Get in your car, crank A/C, and proceed to open and close the door once a minute. The interior of the car will remain a lot cooler than the outside air. Just because UPS says different, doesn't mean people should be parrots. Do you think you're evacuating a massive volume of air in your package car by opening a door every two minutes? A/Cs would remain largely effective in package cars, even with engine stops. This company has many people brainwashed against their best interests. The reality is people are petrified that any money spent by the company will affect their wages and pensions. They've got some of you dancing on a tightrope. That said, better ventilation in the rear would go a long way.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get in your car, crank A/C, and proceed to open and close the door once a minute. The interior of the car will remain a lot cooler than the outside air. Just because UPS says different, doesn't mean people should be parrots. Do you think you're evacuating a massive volume of air in your package car by opening a door every two minutes? A/Cs would remain largely effective in package cars, even with engine stops. This company has many people brainwashed against their best interests. The reality is people are petrified that any money spent by the company will affect their wages and pensions. They've got some of you dancing on a tightrope. That said, better ventilation in the rear would go a long way.
The newer PCs have vents above the windshield and down by the driver's feet. The cargo area has a white exhaust fan which is powered similar to the way water powers a large wooden wheel that generates electricity. They didn't have those when I was there----do they do anything to lower the temp? I do remember the running joke when people would ask if we had AC----"both doors open and 60 mph".

Look----we all knew the deal when we signed up-----while the employer has a level of responsibility, so does the employee.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wonder what cuts drivers are willing to take to get these a/c units in the trucks? Nothing is for free and something will have to give. It's business.

FozziesDeliveries

The cargo area has a white exhaust fan which is powered similar to the way water powers a large wooden wheel that generates electricity. They didn't have those when I was there----do they do anything to lower the temp?
The white roof vent keeps the back from being stifling hot, but still quite hot. It does not do enough to warrant adding 4 inches of height to my vehicle imo. I have to walk off alot more stops for fear of ripping it off (I am looking at you Monday dispatch, when you give me stops delivered by a truck 2 sizes smaller than mine!). Probably 1/3 to half of the roof vents are damaged in some way at our center including mine. I went on vacation before last peak came back and the vent is at an angle now.

Maybe if it was powered instead it would actually allow for decent air flow out the back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The white roof vent keeps the back from being stifling hot, but still quite hot. It does not do enough to warrant adding 4 inches of height to my vehicle imo. I have to walk off alot more stops for fear of ripping it off (I am looking at you Monday dispatch, when you give me stops delivered by a truck 2 sizes smaller than mine!). Probably 1/3 to half of the roof vents are damaged in some way at our center including mine. I went on vacation before last peak came back and the vent is at an angle now.

Maybe if it was powered instead it would actually allow for decent air flow out the back.
Have the height stickers inside the PCs been adjusted to account for the height of the vents?