May Addison, IL
July Eagan, MN
August Houston, TX
September Ontario, CA
October Pittsburgh, PA
November Nashville, TN
What about California?

TSG_Lackie said:
We in 09/35 are having a workforce Realignment meeting at 3:00P.M. today.

I'll post what we find out to let everyone get an idea of how bad our area is affected.

:sad:

Dropping from 29 to 20. Call lasted a whole 5 minutes with no information. More information in one week. What a waste of time - you would think these people would have things figured out by now.

Well, here's the news. Out of 29 techs they are going to keep 20. We ARE NOT going to be given a choice of going into another position.

We were told today that we should receive our seperation packages by Wednesday of next week.

They will start interviewing next Friday to see who wants to leave. They're going to start with the people with the most seniority and work down.

Either way you slice it, i'm going to be beatin the streets lookin for a job.

Thanks alot UPS.:mad:

TSG_Lackie said:
Well, here's the news. Out of 29 techs they are going to keep 20. We ARE NOT going to be given a choice of going into another position.

We were told today that we should receive our seperation packages by Wednesday of next week.

They will start interviewing next Friday to see who wants to leave. They're going to start with the people with the most seniority and work down.

Sounds a lot like my area, the numbers are a little different but the percentages are the same along with not giving them the choice to move into other positions.

BTW... I found tieguy's picture on the net the other day.

TSCer

Tiegoof,

I am so sick of you bs on this board. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. We are getting screwed while you and your loser MGT buddies continue to collect off of others hard work. I would love to meet you some time tiegoof, what do you think would happen in that meeting? In fact at this same meeting could you bring Jay and Mike and whomever else is part of the brain trust? I have mixed feelings about staying or leaving. I could leave and be free of this stupidity, or I could stay and do my best to make UPS the worst it can be. Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do. Whatever happens, tiegoof, Jay, Mike and all you other loser MGT ppl trolling on this board, be ready for a fight like youve never experienced with the Teamsters. We are going to organize and we are going to get what we want. You will wish that you FIRED all of us when you had the chance. I sure hope CACH remembers back when the techs tried to organize there. CUZ GUESS WHAT? Were coming back and coming back pissed off. And were taking the rest of the techs in the country with us. Oh yeh, were gonna organize the admins too! In closing {text edited by administrator for violation of TOS}. If you insist on posting on here, post some facts, will ya?

ncrtscisme

we got our list of open positions today at the 02 TSC...24 full time jobs and 13 part time jobs to choose from. I'm not sure how many people are in the list to choose them, but there will be at least a few techs forced out. Not to mention all the techs who have families and can't work 2nd or 3rd shifts or part time. There are only 8 full time day shift positions available. The picking starts sometime next week.

Cinamingrl, welcome to our discussion! Your comments were well worth posting. Keep em coming!

ncrtscisme

Cinamingrl...by the way, the California helpdesk (TSC) closes in September. I would only assume that the field techs (TSG) in that region will be "realigned" around that same time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TSCer....watch the name calling please. Just stick to the issues and debate with facts. This is a highly charged issue and emotions are high, but tieguy and any other non-tech. have the right to voice opinions.:yinyang:

moreluck said:
TSCer....watch the name calling please. Just stick to the issues and debate with facts. This is a highly charged issue and emotions are high, but tieguy and any other non-tech. have the right to voice opinions.:yinyang:

We aren't voicing opinions, we are voicing facts that tieguy doesn't want to hear. :hammer:

cinamingrl

Animal Lover
ncrtscisme said:
Cinamingrl...by the way, the California helpdesk (TSC) closes in September. I would only assume that the field techs (TSG) in that region will be "realigned" around that same time.
Oh I just talked to one of the few friends who I still talk to at UPS. He is a supervisor, and used to work in Cornerstone. HE knows nothing about TSG displacements happening.

From what I have read, it sounds exactly like what happened to me and a few hundred, if not thousand others. I cannot even begin to describe the horror. And my friend-ing manager did not tell me or any of my supervisors the truth. She lied and said that I am not going to loose my job. Ha! Just one of about a thousand lies she tells a week. My job went onto "the list". And it was snapped up so quick.

During the time that all of the "realignment" was going on, I was at the same time hiring new drivers out of the hub. I'd never seen so many hub guys going driving until the last 3 months I was working in HR. And as I said in a previous post, the company was promoting people into management. It was crazy. People getting promoted while I was losing my job. And i was supposed to continue working....business as usual. I'd go home crying at least 3 times a week. And people were so insensitive about it.

Yes we all got severence packages. But to get those, we had to sign a stack of papers saying that we cannot and will not try to apply for work at any UPS business or any of UPS' subsidiaries. I bet that is because they don't want any of us angry employess to come back and sabotage UPS.

And UPS is still getting rid of admin jobs. They are just "cancelling" jobs. And the managers do not even help the employees to find new positions. IT's like bu bye!

reydluap

Ok folks. I've been reading these post all along and do understand the tension that's being released. BUT, lashing out at tie is not going to help you out one damn bit. Stick with your point please.

Now for my comment/question. I'm being sincere in this comment and am not trying to be argumentative. I just truely don't know the answer. Does upper management think that since computers are getting newer and "more reliable" that it won't take as many technical people to keep them going? For example, 5 years or so ago, our DIADs would "go down" out on area every few weeks. Now I have only had one failure in years. I realize that we now have boo-koo more computers than we did even 5 years ago, but are they made better and need fewer people for maintenance? Don't bite my head off, I'm just a delivery driver asking for your reply.

cinamingrl

Animal Lover
TSG_Lackie said:

Do what I did.....get every single manager at UPS you know who you like, to give you a reference. And then use the fax machine where you work to start faxing your resume.

And start acting like a jerk to all of the people who will try to piss you off. Don't take any crap. If some inconsiderate maroon comes up to you and says "so how is your job hunt going" don't act surprised and walk away and then cry, the way I did. Just say "**** off", when you still can. I was caught off guard twice that way, once by the airhead in employement and once by by manipulative manager Clarissa. Both of them were bitches who thought nothing of making other people uncomfortable at work, while we were losing our jobs. All I can say to those awful people who tried to upset me, what goes around, comes around!.

I cannot wait for the day when I hear of them losing their jobs in a "realignment". UPS need to get rid of it's lazy, lying managers instead of its hard-working people.

cinamingrl

Animal Lover
reydluap said:
Ok folks. I've been reading these post all along and do understand the tension that's being released. BUT, lashing out at tie is not going to help you out one damn bit. Stick with your point please.

Now for my comment/question. I'm being sincere in this comment and am not trying to be argumentative. I just truely don't know the answer. Does upper management think that since computers are getting newer and "more reliable" that it won't take as many technical people to keep them going? For example, 5 years or so ago, our DIADs would "go down" out on area every few weeks. Now I have only had one failure in years. I realize that we now have boo-koo more computers than we did even 5 years ago, but are they made better and need fewer people for maintenance? Don't bite my head off, I'm just a delivery driver asking for your reply.
Take it from me, I used to work in HR. This has nothing to do with computers.. It is about UPS and its horrible management, and the competition (Fedex, DHL). UPS isn't what it used to be. And after the union reinstated their new contract with UPS, no more driver layoffs was the plan. So UPS need to cut back somehow. Now they go after their non-union employees.

As I stated in another post, UPS needs to get rid of its lazy managers. They need to cut off the dead weight instead of the hard-working people. They don't need to lay off drivers. They don't need to "realign" admins or OMS people or TSG people. They need to fire some managers!

Last edited:
R

realisticUPSer

The hub of the future may not require the support is does today or 5 years ago. There will be one server running all the applications. Unless there is a hardware failure, anything can be troubleshooted remotely using RDP, or the iLO board. That being said, UPS should find the people other positions. The people who work hard and are assets to UPS. Let the liabilities go. Someone is going to disagree with that point, but the union would be much better off if it stopped trying to protect every employee that breathes, regardless of his/her performance. So, make sure the customer is taken care of, move employees into other positions, and move on. Shame on UPS if they're just letting people go to hire cheaper labor. That model will eventually fail.

cinamingrl

Animal Lover
speeddemon said:
Its funny how when the drivers say the company doesnt give a rats ass about us, no on will listen. But when they start laying off TSG employees and such, its all true? Your preaching to the choir. Welcome to our world.
That is only because you drivers have the union on your side. But "TSG employees and such" don't.

Don't think that the non-union employees do not know what is going on and how screwed up it is at UPS, they do. I did.

reydluap said:

I realize that we now have boo-koo more computers than we did even 5 years ago, but are they made better and need fewer people for maintenance? Don't bite my head off, I'm just a delivery driver asking for your reply.
Actually, no. Here is why. Today's computers run much much hotter than previous generations of pc's and they're built with cheaper components. They run faster and are asked to do much much more. I live in the south, so in the long summer months there are bunches of pc's running in 100 + degree heat and 80% humidity with no ventilation, and COVERED in center grime and filth. They fail over and over and over. Local techs used to have lots of spare machines, but those are in ragged shape now, too, and many are out of warranty. Then UPS keeps adding more and more applications which require support. Corp IE is terrible about releasing "unsupported" software we are required to support. Anybody want to add to this?? BTW - I believe Tieguy is having a dandy 'ole time getting everyone stirred up. He's not looking for support, he's enjoying the argument. He finds this entire thread entertaining.

reydluap

cinamingrl, Even though I am a delivery driver for UPS, I hate to here that anyone is loosing their source or income. I understand why you are bitter. I personally have not had (in my 29 years) the type of management that you describe. I don't really know how to reply to you without sounding cynical. Saying "Good Luck" is a slap in the face to your situation, which is not what you need. I hope for you the best...

anothertsg, THANK YOU for the logical and informative answer. Now I know.

reydluap said:

I'd have to say it is the opposite now. Look at DIAD4, the failure rate on them is much higher than the DIAD3. They are constantly locking up and failing and they aren't even 6 months old in the some of the centers. Just wait till they are over 18 months old. Since I've been with the company we've more than doubled the amount of computers and applications in the buildings. I used to go days without having internal service orders. Now it's a daily thing to have one or two. We are busier than ever due to all the added technology. We used to take pride in our work. At 5pm, on the ride home, you just had that good feeling inside after keeping the building afloat for the day. It used to fun during the day and you used to get a lot of things accomplished without PMT shackled to your ankles all day. Hell...I even enjoyed going to work on a Monday morning! We were proud to be a part of UPS and proud to tell others about it. Others were jealous of not working for UPS.....I'm not the only one that used to speak like this. This all did a complete 180 within the last 12 months. Way to go!