UPS laying off Technical hourly employees

ncrtscisme

sev 6,
I believe we get 2 months' worth of benefits after the seperation date, then we have the choice of using COBRA if need be. Don't quote me on that.

We WERE told by HR that the pension will not be eliminated, however.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We WERE told by HR that the pension will not be eliminated, however

Please make sure you get that in writing. I would love to have proof of some of the promises made to me years ago.

d

montecarlo12

tieguy said:
Ah yes posted by the fdx guy I slap around for kicks and giggles. You have to have facts before you can "catch" anyone at anything. You might want to try catching some of your customers before we take them all.

AHHHH Tieguy,
like I said, no credibility..... :w00t:

halo said:
Is there not a pro-union segment on these forums that you could post in? I find this just as annoying as everyone bickering with tieguy. When I came here, I was looking for valid information from other techs/tsc who are affected by this downsizing. Instead I get constant popup ads about a union. Please, start a new thread and push the union there. Call it "If you came to BrownCafe looking for information on making TSG unionized, go here"
If you don't care enough about yourself and your fellow TSGers to help make a difference maybe you should consider stepping aside to let someone who might care stay employed.

BTW what excatly have you contributed to this thread?

-

halo

TSG_Lets_Unionize said:
If you don't care enough about yourself and your fellow TSGers to help make a difference maybe you should consider stepping aside to let someone who might care stay employed.

-
I have nothing to contribute. That is why I am here. To find information from people who do. If you would do as i suggest and start a new thread about a unionized TSG, I will discuss this further with you

halo said:
I have nothing to contribute. That is why I am here. To find information from people who do. If you would do as i suggest and start a new thread about a unionized TSG, I will discuss this further with you

OK done.

Let's see where it goes.

-

T

TSG_Lets_Unionize Shut-up

TSG_Lets_Unionize said:

-
Look you Tool, if you care so much about a union, maybe you should consider stepping aside from a non-union TSG job and give someone who might not care about a damn union a chance to stay employed.

S

Sev 6

ncrtscisme said:
sev 6,
I believe we get 2 months' worth of benefits after the seperation date, then we have the choice of using COBRA if need be. Don't quote me on that.

We WERE told by HR that the pension will not be eliminated, however.

Thanks for the info.

A

Anonymous Helper

IT_Consultant said:
Our company switched to Fedex a few months ago.

-a|ex

Yummy! Brilliant Post!

How about sharing your favorite flavor of gum with us.

N

nuF SPU

tieguy said:
by the way I love it when I get a liberal provoked enough to attack that which he/she would normally defend in this case the gay issue.

By the way I'm about 75 percent sure you are Susan. Keep talking I'll figure it out.

TIEGuy,

Just curious, are you PT or FT? And, what shift do you work; preload, daysort, twilight, or midnight?

Oh, before I forget, I'm curious if your mom ever gets tired of picking you up and taking you to work?

MOM! I've told you, after a long sort, I like the Cool Ranch Doritos!!!
Oh, forget it, where is my FHM magazine, ---- uh, MOM, privacy please, its the anniversary issue!

yech!!!!!!!

I

IHeartSalesLeads

How many TSG Technicians does it take to screw in a manager's lightbulb?

Have fun with this...

montecarlo12

Tieguy,
here comes your quick lesson.
Back in 1997 Fedex had annual revenues of 10.3 billion dollars and employeed 127,000 people.
Fedex will hit close to 33 billion dollars in annual revenue this physical year. and employes over 270,000 people. (Fedex closed the gap from 16 billion dollars to 5 billion in just over 8 years between UPS and Fedex)

You talk about Fedex losing customers, and being incompetent. I dont understand because every operating company under Fedex Corp. has been putting up record numbers for there respective operating division.
I also noticed that "Fortune" ranked Fedex for the 9th straight year in the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Now that is no surprise, but you might want to read the article in the January issue because in goes on to say Fedex is ranked #1 in " JOB GROWTH BASED ON NUMBER OF NEW JOBS".
There are 14 new permanent routes in my station aloan from 1 year ago.

Tie, all facts for you that are a click of a button away.
Like I said, you have no back bone and no credibility, :w00t:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
How many TSG Technicians does it take to screw in a manager's lightbulb?

None. Every one knows that a managers lightbulbs never comes on anyway.

Or then again "lights are on but nobody is home" fits also.

Best

d

tieguy

Banned
montecarlo12 said:
Tieguy,
Back in 1997 Fedex had annual revenues of 10.3 billion dollars and employeed 127,000 people.
Fedex will hit close to 33 billion dollars in annual revenue this physical year. and employes over 270,000 people. (Fedex closed the gap from 16 billion dollars to 5 billion in just over 8 years between UPS and Fedex)

You talk about Fedex losing customers, and being incompetent. I dont understand because every operating company under Fedex Corp. has been putting up record numbers for there respective operating division.
I also noticed that "Fortune" ranked Fedex for the 9th straight year in the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Now that is no surprise, but you might want to read the article in the January issue because in goes on to say Fedex is ranked #1 in " JOB GROWTH BASED ON NUMBER OF NEW JOBS".

Monte I think it wondeful that you and your fdx friends are happy with your results and feel you can benifit from losing the big shippers you lost the last two years. I hope you continue to be happy and complacent. Enjoy your facts. :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

R

RAMONE bring me a spellnB

montecarlo12 said:
Tieguy,

Dude,

Its Fiscal, not Physical Year. Unless, of course, you really meant it that way -- silly as it might be.

I know your grimacing, but you must agree, its better for me to kick you now than to feel the sting of TIEGal busting you later.

GO Fedex!