UPS laying off Technical hourly employees

BrownTurd

Its all good!
This week in California.........
The DPS team upgraded their UDC systems without TSG involvement and the DSR Group had vendors install the DSL backup and a VPN box.

The TSG group has 6 more SCS SMS tests to complete besides the 2 from Gemini.

Could it be some TSG technicians will become part of the SCS-UPS Team?

N

Nonee

This week in California.........
The DPS team upgraded their UDC systems without TSG involvement and the DSR Group had vendors install the DSL backup and a VPN box.

The TSG group has 6 more SCS SMS tests to complete besides the 2 from Gemini.

Could it be some TSG technicians will become part of the SCS-UPS Team?

Why would you want to be? Don't you actually want to get a skill set? UPS does not care about you or anyone else. In fact, if you ask me, they are trying to kill themselves to get rid of the union once and for all. I would not put it past them.

A

ABC

Why would you want to be? Don't you actually want to get a skill set? UPS does not care about you or anyone else. In fact, if you ask me, they are trying to kill themselves to get rid of the union once and for all. I would not put it past them.

What? How does this relate to anything said?

X

xtscerguy

What? How does this relate to anything said?

Hmmmm, try to listen up now ABC. SCS is laying off 1200 people. Why would someone want to work for that side of the brownie? Why would anyone want to continue to work for any part of this company that treats its employees so bad?

I used to work in Chicago. I couldve stayed but chose to go. My story has been posted before. Heres the thing. If you stay working there, the day will come when they leave you high and dry. And when they do, if you are in tsg, you will most likely not have the skill set needed to excel somewhere else. If you worked a general office or the helpdesk you will most likely have a better skill set then someone who worked a hub. People always said to me what a great tech I was and how I would have no problem finding a job. It took me three months to find one, and 9 out of 10 interviews that I went on, nothing technical was discussed. It all came down to whether or not the interviewer liked me, thought I would be a good fit etc. If your resume is put together correctly and you make the right connection at the interview you will get hired. I suggest putting everything on your resume that you are comfortable doing. If you set up a network at home, then put it on your resume that you know how to set up a network and say you did it at ups because who is going to tell otherwise? Your resume is about you and what you have done. Where you did it is immaterial. And oh yeh, certs mean absolutley nothing and niether does a college degree. Its all about you.

C

conanofbytes

Hmmmm, try to listen up now ABC. SCS is laying off 1200 people. Why would someone want to work for that side of the brownie? Why would anyone want to continue to work for any part of this company that treats its employees so bad?

I used to work in Chicago. I couldve stayed but chose to go. My story has been posted before. Heres the thing. If you stay working there, the day will come when they leave you high and dry. And when they do, if you are in tsg, you will most likely not have the skill set needed to excel somewhere else. If you worked a general office or the helpdesk you will most likely have a better skill set then someone who worked a hub. People always said to me what a great tech I was and how I would have no problem finding a job. It took me three months to find one, and 9 out of 10 interviews that I went on, nothing technical was discussed. It all came down to whether or not the interviewer liked me, thought I would be a good fit etc. If your resume is put together correctly and you make the right connection at the interview you will get hired. I suggest putting everything on your resume that you are comfortable doing. If you set up a network at home, then put it on your resume that you know how to set up a network and say you did it at ups because who is going to tell otherwise? Your resume is about you and what you have done. Where you did it is immaterial. And oh yeh, certs mean absolutley nothing and niether does a college degree. Its all about you.

Hmmm.......

No one needs your excellent education. ABC was referring to the nonsense spewed by the poster. We all know about SCS. That was about coherence -- that's all.

You are correct about most of what you say, however, college degrees and certifications are important. If you want really good paying jobs, they don't hurt you.

If you interview against 20 or more candidates with essentially equal customer service skills, a degree or cert may be what you need to rise above the others.

Winning a personality contest probably does happen, but I am unconvinced that congeniality trumps experience and education.

As far as what is going on at UPS, I don't think anyone believes the job is safe any longer. Some are staying because they are close to retirement, others are rolling the dice with no where else to currently go.

I'm leaving, I just don't know when -- or if by my hand.

feduptsg

Has anyone else seen these TSG "MOP" books for their centers? These books have been making the rounds in my district. They seem to be an outline so that any tech(even one from outsouce IT support company hint hint) could walk into one of our centers and fix,restore, or troubleshoot problems. How stupid do we have to be folks? Apparently pretty stupid because we are still here waiting like sheep while they prepare our demise.

BrownTurd

Its all good!
Have not seen them yet. What region are you in? What does it cover?
I don't expect the MOP to stay on the shelf long, the centers will lose them, some sup will need a binder and throw away all the docs inside,lol.

Has anyone else seen these TSG "MOP" books for their centers? These books have been making the rounds in my district. They seem to be an outline so that any tech(even one from outsouce IT support company hint hint) could walk into one of our centers and fix,restore, or troubleshoot problems. How stupid do we have to be folks? Apparently pretty stupid because we are still here waiting like sheep while they prepare our demise.

Haven't heard of a MOP book here. What is it?

-

nerrollus

Have any other TSG folks got wind of the 2nd round? We've been hearing talks that our district is still "over staffed" and they're going to have to cut more techs. To top it off they're not allowing supervisors to open as many logs for us as they used to so we're not able to clock as many logs to justify our jobs. This in turn just gives them more reasons to cut back on staffing.

We've already so low on technicians that if someone goes on vacation we have to have technicians from others cities drive up to fill in. Yes, they actually have technicians drive the 2 hours from another building, stay in a hotel, etc just so they have someone to fill in for a vacationer.

Everyone here pretty much hates their job, knows they just an equipmennt swapping monkey, and looking for jobs elsewhere. But like it was pointed out before, we're so underskilled no one can find another job that pays as well.

Man I can't wait to get out of school and go do something else!

clemente

around a long time
I am a manager around for 22 years.. I have business relations with many TSG people. I know how important it is to have a problem solved quickly by just a phone call. I put in a problem log later on but those TSG people are worth their weight to me. Of course all the positive survey's I reply to about the latest TSG support I got will not change anything..

B

brownISer

has anyone been informed that there was a job fair for Corp IS positions a few months ago?...it was ONLY for interested District and Region employees who were recommended by their manager....about 25 employees were just reassigned to Mahwah, Louisville, and Maryland I.S. locations....

nerrollus

I am a manager around for 22 years.. I have business relations with many TSG people. I know how important it is to have a problem solved quickly by just a phone call. I put in a problem log later on but those TSG people are worth their weight to me. Of course all the positive survey's I reply to about the latest TSG support I got will not change anything..

Don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but here the only thing that matters is the number of hours we log per day and the number of hours we plan for tomorrow. All the survey's in the world won't save you if you don't meet your numbers.

H

hahasuckers

has anyone been informed that there was a job fair for Corp IS positions a few months ago?...it was ONLY for interested District and Region employees who were recommended by their manager....about 25 employees were just reassigned to Mahwah, Louisville, and Maryland I.S. locations....

Only the people who know were invited to that.

Being one of the people who works on the current TSC is Las Vegas let me say this .....

Getting phone calls from TSG's every night asking us to do their job doesnt hold well got the TSG's being intellegent ... **** dude i asked a TSG to check windows event viewer and he had no idea what it was .... I mean come on man ... Microsoft 101 Reboot and Check Event Viewer ... on top of that i make about $5 less an hour than him ... WTF ... how can i get such a cushey job where i just call guys making less money than me to do MY job ... friend'n please

Your all sitting here bitching about cutting jobs ... bla bla bla ... Mabe if you guys actually KNEW what you were doing they wouldnt have cut your jobs ... The TSG's are lazy ... they would rather call the Help Desk and get answers than actually do some research on their own ... Granted Project Notebook is piece of crap but at least check it before you call.

Stop your bitching and learn to do your job so your not replaceble by someone more knowledgable that can sit on a telephone and do your job.

Do i hate UPS yes I do ... but I hate TSG's even more.

Bunch of lazy bastards

and Dont even get me started on ICS !!!

Oh yea ... 1 other thing i forgot ...

WTF is up with TSG's closing S/o's without doing anything just so they dont miss SLA ....

Like i said earlier ...

Lazy Bastards

Now that the conversion is complete and all call centers are closed except las vegas ... here are the Facts ...

We are not the same MORONS who work on External or SCS.... We are all Brown ... not light brown .. bla bla bla ...

UPS bought the building and made it brown ....

Some of the people on this desk ARE former ECTS and SCS people, the reason they are not on the those desks anymore is their quality ... UPS took the highest quality phone people from those desks and moved them to TSC ....

So get your facts straight ... We are NOT outsources, We are not Light brown ...

ncrtscisme

packageguylv...
I am a former TSCer from the North Central Region. As far as we were told, NO phone people were given the opportunity to move to the LV helpdesk. We were ALSO told that the LV helpdesk is NOT ups employees. But those are just a few lies, just a drop in the ocean, among the many lies we were told. Yeah, not all TSGers know a whole lot, but I can say first hand that many of them were extremely computer-savvy. Unfortunately, a lot of the smarter guys had to take the severance package because of their seniority and the lack of positions that were left to choose from.

Calling all TSGers "lazy bastards" is pretty rude in my book. After all, those guys just went through hell with the whole downsizing and those who are left still wonder how long it will be until it's their turn to get the brown boot-in-the-ass. They are probably being "lazy" because they just don't care anymore about their jobs...they have been totally mind****ed during this ordeal and are just waiting to hear the news that they will no longer be needed.

...And just wait until you folks in Vegas get the news that you're being replaced by a bunch of even lower-paid morons somwhere in BFI (butt**** India). Don't hang on to your UPS "career" too long...

feduptsg

Bravo Ncrtscisme! You could not have said it any better. This idiot on this lame "wanna-be" TSC wants to tell us how it is? What an A$#$hole! vbmenu_register("postmenu_135484", true);