UPS laying off Technical hourly employees

mobias

I had the same experience, i.e., learning nothing. I found out that my UPS tech skills were paltry when I looked for other jobs in the same field in other companies. There's the standard way and the UPS way and the UPS way doesn't count in the rest of the world. Now I have to retrain myself at my own expense to get the lowest level job. I'm glad I'm out of UPS but what a waste of 15 years.

ncrtscisme

We just received news that in JAN/07 TSG managers will start dissappearing, we will now report to an Area Manager who will in turn report to the region so insread of 7 TSG managers in our region we will have about 3 Area managers instead.

They said techs ands sups will stay the same but next they will eliminate some sups and techs until they get to be where they want to be..

Well it's about FREAKING TIME management starts to get some of this! No offense to the rare deserving supervisor/manager out there, but UPS has way too much of them..."too many chiefs, not enough indians"

Well ... lets put an end to the TSC / TSG thing right now ....

TSG gets dispatched on "fixable via netop" problems cause corporate doesnt want us fixing it ....

I dispatch to TSG as little as possible ESPECIALLY during software upgrades cause of major friend'ups in the past by TSG, for example ....

TSG:
"I just rebuilt the DCS workstation and now the DIADS wont upload. I re-uploaded the operating syatem to them and now they are all in a ready state, but they have data in them"

Me:
"What software version are the DIADS ?"

TSG:
"What do you mean ?"

Me:(Frustration building)
"OK, let me ask you this, did you download the information from the DIADS before uploading the Operating system to them ?"

TSG:
"Was I Supposed to ?"

-------------------------

Long story short, :censored2: over here decided to reupload the operating system to an OLDER VERSION than was being used, therefor all data on the diads were lost........ UGH !!!!!!

The next brilliant TSG "friend'up" come in the way of a TSG who decided to take all the printers from the app server and move them to the friend&P server ... in the process he proceeded to lock every printer with a password and then go on vacation !! "friend'ing" BRILLIANT NUMB NUTS !!!

Then there was the time TSG decided that the "Piece Of Sht" CRS server in their building was not their problem cause customer was in a different building, TSG claimed the CRS server in his building was not HIS problem and the user from the city (which was 400 miles away by the way...good ol Texas TSG's strike again) had to drive to dallas to fix it ..... WTF !!!

By the way there IS a way to provide feedback to the TSC, Email the supervisors, its that simple, you can also sumbit a customer feedback ... but then again you ARE a TSG and i really dont expect you to know that ....

Honestly guys, the only people worth a damn on the TSC, and yes i ment the TSC are the Crit Skills agents, The Gen 1 and Gen 2 people are 'king morons, a monkey could do ther job ... i know, and for that I apologise ....

But the TSC isnt the only one to blame here blame corporate, they are the real problem. Theres so much sht the TSC can fix and arent allowed to its fkung stupid. Thats why the TSG;s get bombarded with service orders.....

And finally ... i will say Hello to GUS ... too bad hes just as dumb as the rest of the TSG;s were.....HOW THE :censored2: did he make SUPERVISOR .... UGHHH !!!!

BrownTurd

Its all good!
Just by looking at your grammer and spelling I can tell you know what your talking about...lol...lol...lol

As far as the Diad version issue, maybe when corporate stops having the center teams perform the DCS upgrades, TSG will have the latest version on CD in their office instead of the center teams using the CD's as coffee cup coasters.

I am pushing all employees in my facility to bypass the TSC with self generating service orders because they don't have 2 hours to try troubleshoot simple issues.

Not sure what you do packageguylv, what is your title? what is your major?

L

LVSweettalkeronmyList

TSG gets dispatched on "fixable via netop" problems cause corporate doesnt want us fixing it ....

I dispatch to TSG as little as possible ESPECIALLY during software upgrades cause of major friend'ups in the past by TSG, for example ....

TSG:
"I just rebuilt the DCS workstation and now the DIADS wont upload. I re-uploaded the operating syatem to them and now they are all in a ready state, but they have data in them"

Me:

TSG:
"What do you mean ?"

"OK, let me ask you this, did you download the information from the DIADS before uploading the Operating system to them ?"

TSG:
"Was I Supposed to ?"

Long story short, :censored2: over here decided to reupload the operating system to an OLDER VERSION than was being used, therefor all data on the diads were lost........ UGH !!!!!!

The next brilliant TSG "friend'up" come in the way of a TSG who decided to take all the printers from the app server and move them to the friend&P server ... in the process he proceeded to lock every printer with a password and then go on vacation !! "friend'ing" BRILLIANT NUMB NUTS !!!

Then there was the time TSG decided that the "Piece Of Sht" CRS server in their building was not their problem cause customer was in a different building, TSG claimed the CRS server in his building was not HIS problem and the user from the city (which was 400 miles away by the way...good ol Texas TSG's strike again) had to drive to dallas to fix it ..... WTF !!!

By the way there IS a way to provide feedback to the TSC, Email the supervisors, its that simple, you can also sumbit a customer feedback ... but then again you ARE a TSG and i really dont expect you to know that ....

Honestly guys, the only people worth a damn on the TSC, and yes i ment the TSC are the Crit Skills agents, The Gen 1 and Gen 2 people are 'king morons, a monkey could do ther job ... i know, and for that I apologise ....

But the TSC isnt the only one to blame here blame corporate, they are the real problem. Theres so much sht the TSC can fix and arent allowed to its fkung stupid. Thats why the TSG;s get bombarded with service orders.....

And finally ... i will say Hello to GUS ... too bad hes just as dumb as the rest of the TSG;s were.....HOW THE :censored2: did he make SUPERVISOR .... UGHHH !!!!

Are you a driver who moved into IT? I doubt it -- it would be a tremendous loss in income. However, I gotta think you did. You sound like someone who moved from 12th grade summer school right to the hub, then driving. If your writing is anything like your spoken word, I don't know how anyone benefits from your assistance.

Is Allah real? How about Jesus? Is Buddha still fat, ha ha, I bet he is?

How about the devil, is he really that devious -- I am asking because you seem to have a god-like opinion of yourself? I assume you sit on council with the others. Do they bicker?

NO ONE is trained in IT at UPS -- oh, yeah, I forgot SMS. I don't know how you can expect anything any better with the wholesale lack of technical ability at your desk, the other desks, and TSG.

You guys are just like drivers, replaceable at any moment. While you do build skills, they are not so important that we couldn't manage without you.

How the hell did you not get swept up in the downsizing. I missed you that time. I'll be coming around again. I got my eyes on you, sweet-talker.

D

drawed

TSG:

Me:

TSG:
"What do you mean ?"

TSG:
"Was I Supposed to ?"

You have a lot of UPS lingo in your incoherent rants. So, while I don't believe you are old enough to work for UPS, I do believe you have a big brother or big Sis at UPS. I bet you sit around, rapt, listening to your brother talk about work. You dunk an oreo in milk, exhale, and dream of ole Big Brown.

Do the other kids at school think you are weird for carrying your books on a fisher-price handtruck.

You are one childish friend, friend for Fella, li'l fella.

Like i previously said .....

The Gen 1 and 2 agents are useless. I mean jeeze how difficult is it to reset someones password ...lol

Personally i feel all "minor" issues should go directly to TSG without the need for a 5 minute phone call to the TSC. The TSC should be reserved for those issues that are "CRITICAL" either to package movement, payroll, or customer counter.

Unfortunately corporate doesnt see it this way, they feel like wasting a whole pissload of money on some 55 y.o. grandma who cant even learn how to properly tell the difference between a RACF ID and a AD-ID.

99% of the TSG's that bitch are dealing with grandma over here cause she doesnt know how to use, let alone troubleshoot outlook or any other micro**** program.

Me personally im on the PFT/Package desk and deal with the TSG's that dont know how to do their job all night long. 90% of my calls are related to a TSG friend'up. either in configuration of a site or screwing something up on the server.

The other 10% is D.U.E. - Defective User Error.

TSG - Technology Support Goons.

Everyone is replaceable, if you don't think anyone wants your job, there are a million highly motivated people in India all with masters degrees who could take over all the tsg positions today from India with the exception of the hands on hardware work. We are not just competing against lazy American kids, we are competing against increasingly well educated people in countries where they can choose the best out of millions of individuals who feel very fortunate to work for a fraction of our wage.

BrownTurd

Its all good!
airjhdff tijewmv bol skdyyr ncjssw lpymhh tst twkssrgde jdyr qappg sjkr dkryd yheoms jshye sjie ksoko?

Do you understand what I wrote? That's what it is like communicating with someone with a masters in India about a computer problem.

mobias

Mujibar
Mujibar was trying to get a job in India.
The Personnel Manager said, "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one. Unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job."
Mujibar said, "I am ready."
The manager said, "Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink, and Green."
Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, "Mister manager, I am ready."
The manager said, "Go ahead."
Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink it up, and say, 'Yellow, this is Mujibar.'" Mujibar now works as a technician at a call centre for Dell. No doubt you have spoken to him.

nerrollus

Like i previously said .....

The Gen 1 and 2 agents are useless. I mean jeeze how difficult is it to reset someones password ...lol

Personally i feel all "minor" issues should go directly to TSG without the need for a 5 minute phone call to the TSC. The TSC should be reserved for those issues that are "CRITICAL" either to package movement, payroll, or customer counter.

Unfortunately corporate doesnt see it this way, they feel like wasting a whole pissload of money on some 55 y.o. grandma who cant even learn how to properly tell the difference between a RACF ID and a AD-ID.

99% of the TSG's that bitch are dealing with grandma over here cause she doesnt know how to use, let alone troubleshoot outlook or any other micro**** program.

Me personally im on the PFT/Package desk and deal with the TSG's that dont know how to do their job all night long. 90% of my calls are related to a TSG friend'up. either in configuration of a site or screwing something up on the server.

The other 10% is D.U.E. - Defective User Error.

TSG - Technology Support Goons.

You're such a joke ... Now I know why everyone I talk to hates calling the desk now. Jack holes like you are running the place and turning a simple 5 minutes call-in, to a 45 minutes "see how cool my tech skeelz R".

I could go on all day long giving examples about how piss poor the TSC has gotten since you monkeys in Vegas have taken over. As stated before, you'd better make sure your own backyard is clean before you start bitching about the neighbors.

Ok, because our "tech" skills suck so much, here is a nice little feedback letter received yesterday. Seems to me like some people do have good experiences.

========================================================
To whom it may concern,

Recently, I have had many complication with the ARES Overgoods system. I am an operations supervisor at the Baltimore, Maryland Supervisor facility. Although the problem was persistent (over a week or 2), I was kept up to date, which allowed me to keep my staff and my superiors informed as to how to handle our internal situation in our facility (during one of our busiest times of year). I would like to thank you and your staff for such excellent service, especially (tech name omitted), TSC II, who provided me with much of my information.

Thank you,
Lawrence Acree
=========================================================

Ok so here is a little background on the case.

1.TSG walks in and attempts sets up the new overgoods system (ARES).
2.TSG goes home at end of his shift, never completes installation
3.TSG never tells anyone install never completed
4.Customer calls TSC
5.TSC sends TSG to reinstall ARES
6.TSG calls TSC to complain that he did the install
7.TSC gets ICS involved
8.ICS netops in reinstalls ARES and amazingly it works
9.ICS calls tech an idiot on the phone (I was listening in) and tells them make sure they actually DO their job and not call the TSC to do it for them
10.TSC reports TSG to their supervisor

I am currently waiting for a callback on this from the TSG Sup. I am sure he wont be happy.

The issue here is LAZY TSG's. None of you want to work. You all just call the help desk and expect them to do your job.

The best part of this is there ARE more layoffs coming and they aren’t in the TSC. The corporate memo I have received states the TSG's are being downsized and replaced with younger people who are there only to be the hands of the TSC. TSC will be taking care of all issues with these new people who are basically just puppets on strings.

Corporate knows where the company is lacking, hence the reason there is now only 1 TSC building full of brown employees and supervisors (90% of the sup's are former TSG's). So i say this,

If we are supposedly "light brown" why are all our supervisors brown ? (former TSG none the less who admit the TSG techs they supervised were idiots, You should hear the **** Gus, David, Tim, and Jason tell us.)

If we are supposedly "light brown" why do we have UPS'ers access and UPS health care packages.

If we are supposedly "light brown" why do I have shares of UPS stock, purchased through the UPS Employee Stock Purchase Program.

If you are all so knowing as to what goes on at the Las Vegas TSC, then why are "WE" being trained to take over the TSG's jobs?

Hmmmm, for people who claim to know a lot about UPS, Id say you all look pretty fuking stupid from where I’m standing.

Ill be the one still at UPS after the TSG's are gone, that’s why I am laughing ha ha ha ha :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As for the recent changes in the TSC and why there were so many lay-offs. TSC was not following procedure. The old TSC tech's just did anything the customer asked even if it violated "corporate" policy. Corporate is coming down hard now with the TSG's and TSC. They want things done by the book. We received word today that any TSG's that call the TSC have to be reported to corporate immediately, unless they are asking to be escalated to ICS. So keep in mind every call you make to the TSC may count against you when it comes to your next quality review.

As for having the customer create their own S/O through the self service website. That’s fine with us, we have enough call volume coming in too keep our jobs. But keep in mind if there is a SEV 2 or 5 issue they are having and they go to the self service website. They can only make it a 6 or an 8.

If TSG wants to deal with the repercussions of SEV 2 issues not being dealt with right away, hey that’s on you.

Ill have my job in the morning. Question is will you?

I could go on all day long giving examples about how piss poor the TSC has gotten since you monkeys in Vegas have taken over. As stated before, you'd better make sure your own backyard is clean before you start bitching about the neighbors.

So gime me some examples.

Im calling you on your shi t kid, so step up if your not afraid to be made look like an a ss.

By the way if you are interested in sending feedback to the TSC supervisors here are their names.

You guys do know how to look people up in the global address book dont you ??

Kay Williams
Timothy Phipps
Jason Barnes
Jason Leavitt
Alan Cleveland

Enjoy Kiddos !!

nerrollus

screw it, I had a reply but I don't want to get into with you. You're just a waste of time. In addition to that I don't want to start putting out a bunch of prime examples of the TSC dropping the ball because I don't want one of your monkey supervisors recognizing me and "turning me in".

You're just like a 1000 guys I've met in the tech field and I'm sure I'll meet a 1000 more. Bottle line is if you were really as hot as you think you are you wouldn't be working a the UPS TSC...

Cheers

Last edited:
P

PackageLVGuySmallMan

screw it, I had a reply but I don't want to get into with you. You're just a waste of time. In addition to that I don't want to start putting out a bunch of prime examples of the TSC dropping the ball because I don't want one of your monkey supervisors recognizing me and "turning me in".

You're just like a 1000 guys I've met in the tech field and I'm sure I'll meet a 1000 more. Bottle line is if you were really as hot as you think you are you wouldn't be working a the UPS TSC...

Cheers

You said that right.

All of you UPSers are delusional if you think you are doing anything that is remotely technical. Ok, I give, you are doing UPS-technical stuff.

Packagelvguy, I was, as you say, a TSG. I was also a member of a UPS Helpdesk. I know your job. I also know you know virtually nothing of use outside of UPS.

So, go ahead and fight over who is king:censored2:, but really, as far as technical ability, you are just plain :censored2:.

I don't mean to assail all TSG techs personally -- most TSG guys are pretty cool. But this constant fighting over grade school level technical skills is numbingly boring.

Honestly, Paramus and Mahwah 2nd level was good, 3rd level rocks. All other UPS Helpdesks are marginal at best. From what I hear, Las Vegas is atrocious.

Packagelvguy -- you are a small man.

Peace.

nerrollus

You said that right.

All of you UPSers are delusional if you think you are doing anything that is remotely technical. Ok, I give, you are doing UPS-technical stuff.

Packagelvguy, I was, as you say, a TSG. I was also a member of a UPS Helpdesk. I know your job. I also know you know virtually nothing of use outside of UPS.

So, go ahead and fight over who is king:censored2:, but really, as far as technical ability, you are just plain :censored2:.

I don't mean to assail all TSG techs personally -- most TSG guys are pretty cool. But this constant fighting over grade school level technical skills is numbingly boring.

Honestly, Paramus and Mahwah 2nd level was good, 3rd level rocks. All other UPS Helpdesks are marginal at best. From what I hear, Las Vegas is atrocious.

Packagelvguy -- you are a small man.

Peace.

You're right man ... I came to that conclusion some time back and have been trying to get out. Unfortunatly UPS pays their TSG folks decent money for what we do, so it's hard to find a job in my area that pays the same.

I started to get drawn into this fight, but I'm not going to bother ... This is just turning into "who has the biggest e-peen" over 2 suck jobs. It's just not worth the effort. lol

S

sea1sux

There is supposedly going to be a big announcement about TSG this week. Anyone heard anything?

We just received news that in JAN/07 TSG managers will start dissappearing, we will now report to an Area Manager who will in turn report to the region so insread of 7 TSG managers in our region we will have about 3 Area managers instead.

They said techs ands sups will stay the same but next they will eliminate some sups and techs until they get to be where they want to be..

Wow right on the money!

We were told they are cutting more techs around the country as well. Anyone in a tech affected region?